special teams and tackling

zeromaster

Reaction score
Those are the two biggest concerns I see in the last few games. Romo will either work his problems out or not, as the case may be.

Meanwhile, I'm still struggling to understand what Bruce Read is doing (or not), or maybe he has no influence on the kick coverage breakdowns at all now that the games are for real.

No, I don't want Avezzano back either.

The tackling is a bigger thing though. The stats are nice and all, but the inconsistency is maddening. I know the other team has a lot of pride and they're out to win, especially for a team like the Bengals, but some of the open field stuff is just plain disturbing.

The man coverage thing has already been beat to death, so I'll just give it a nod.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
My biggest concern is that people are going to need the jaws of life to remove the seat cushions from their trash after they clench down.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hostile;2311452 said:
My biggest concern is that people are going to need the jaws of life to remove the seat cushions from their trash after they clench down.

LOL!

Great point.

zeromaster

Reaction score
Hostile;2311452 said:
Why would that matter? I know you are not happy with the tone of some of the threads around here, but should you let it take this kind of form? I made no personal attack; it's an observation on things with the team that seem to be happening from week to week.

They don't have to be perfect, but some level of consistency is usually a good thing to strive for, wouldn't you think? Or is it all just a matter of luck with most people any more? "The Cowboys won" so no criticism allowed?

Perhaps none of it matters. People these days do seem to favor the end over the means.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
zeromaster;2311532 said:
Why would that matter? I know you are not happy with the tone of some of the threads around here, but should you let it take this kind of form? I made no personal attack; it's an observation on things with the team that seem to be happening from week to week.

They don't have to be perfect, but some level of consistency is usually a good thing to strive for, wouldn't you think? Or is it all just a matter of luck with most people any more? "The Cowboys won" so no criticism allowed?

Perhaps none of it matters. People these days do seem to favor the end over the means.
I was dead serious thank you very much.

I don't mind criticism. I never have. I do mind that you guys think we need 20 threads reminding us that you warned us, you called it, you knew it.

Thump, thump, thump.

It just gets old. It's after every win. I can't even remember the last time some of you had something good to say about this team. If there was some balance it would be one thing. It isn't. In chat, you are beyond annoying. Every play is a snide remark.

Every thread after the game, win or lose.

Criticize? You think that's all it is? Seriously?