Speculations on WFT next move at QB after failing to land Stafford

jrumann59

Reaction score
Because he wised up and turned it over to Rivera. Rivera's players love playing for him.

Snyder realized what Booger has yet to accept, he was the biggest problem with his own team. That entire Griffin mess was created by Snyder.
He wised up because of all the crap that came out. So he would rather take a back seat for a while, while all the shenanigans in WFT corporate closet gets aired out.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think WFT is going to refuse to trade high picks/defensive studs. I think they'd much rather keep their assets and look to the draft (smart move IMO).

Possible they could take Mac Jones if he's there or Lance if he escapes the top ten. They could ride with Smith this year and then eat his dead cap charge of $5M next year if they have someone waiting.

They won't find a FA QB better than Smith honestly.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Thanks. I've tried to scan through this, but it is extensively and massively long and I do not have an hour to read it.

Can anyone give me a cliff notes version or sum it up please?
I might PM you in a bit with a rundown, but it delves into topics we're not really allowed to discuss here.
Just this: Texans fans are certain that Easterby is behind much of the disfunction that's going on over there.
He's like the Grima Wormtongue to the owner.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
They should get matt ryan
That actually wouldn't be a bad trade.
The Falcons are poised to get one of the top five quarterbacks (Jones, Wilson, Lance, Fields). They can part with Ryan, grabbing WFT's first, a third and a defensive player.
That would be doable for both teams, IMO.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm not sure......imagine how Watson changes the dynamic of their team with Young as the defensive leader. He locks down their QB position for the next 7-8 years. I'd probably do it coz IMO you can recover from a couple of elite defensive players. Besides other than the late Reggie White, LT and maybe Deion, I can't remember a defensive player carrying a team to Super Bowl. There been some great ones but more times than not, they needed another defensive stud. Look at DWare, JJ Watts, Von Miller just to name a few. But a legit YOUNG top 5 QB w/o character or injury concern doesn't happen often in this league. This is no different from Wilson or Mahomes trade offering IMO. You throw damn near everything you can to make it happen but JMO.
I'd add Charles Haley to your list of Super Bowl-changing defensive players.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The new Washington GM Martin Mayhew reports directly to Rivera.

After searching who he reports to I have to admit I was wrong on this. Snyder must have become senile. This has to be the only team that has a head coach that is the boss of the GM.

HanD

Reaction score
Oh, you mean Synder???????
Oh man.....apples and oranges from Texans administration/ownership vs WFT. WFT has restructured its front office .....diversity appears to be the keyword. Take a look, totally restructured
It is...but like here the main man is still there. And little danny boy is way worse than blue label jerry...

HanD

Reaction score
Snyder has pretty much turned the entire operation of his the over to Rivera. In his words, Rivera in charge of changing the entire culture of the team. From my understanding, Rivera pretty much has a blank check to rebuild the team as he sees fit. Besides, Snyder has his own problems now (lol) .......legal and personal.
We've heard it before with gibbs and others...maybe he means it this time. But it hasn't lasted long previously

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We've heard it before with gibbs and others...maybe he means it this time. But it hasn't lasted long previously
Good point. People do generally revert to who they are.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

His minority partners are trying to force him to sell, plus a couple of personal lawsuits.......I think he means it. Bruce Allen left the franchise a mess.....

HanD

Reaction score
His minority partners are trying to force him to sell, plus a couple of personal lawsuits.......I think he means it. Bruce Allen left the franchise a mess.....
I thought they were trying to sell their shares and get out? That was reported since before all the sexual harassment stuff.

Recently someone tried to link him to allegations which could lead to a forced sell if it was ever proved.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
That Easterby character over there is kind of frightening.
Dont be frightened. Look at the bright light shining from the dark side of life. If we believe we make that first step to happiness. It's a godly thing. Gimme a high-5! Now, be a ggod chap. If you leave the premises, tell me where you go...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dont be frightened. Look at the bright light shining from the dark side of life. If we believe we make that first step to happiness. It's a godly thing. Gimme a high-5! Now, be a ggod chap. If you leave the premises, tell me where you go...

I could write a song with those lyrics...

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I saw a rumor that Washington was gonna send the Raiders two 1sts and then the Raiders were gonna send those plus their two 1sts for Watson.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Do not, and I repeat, do not sleep on them pulling off the Watson trade.....they certainly have a couple of young defensive starters they could offer. Either way, it sounds like our biggest fear of them getting a legit QB will likely happen.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/article...49ers-broncos-bears-colts-patriots-washington
Washington Football Team

Washington being aggressive for Stafford makes more sense than the Panthers. I believe with Stafford as their quarterback they would be the heavy favorites in the division next year even with a healthy Dak Prescott returning to the Dallas Cowboys. This team has a great defense and some nice talent at the skill positions. With their pick in the draft being so low (19th overall), I expect them to be aggressive in acquiring a free agent quarterback this offseason. Obviously, Washington will be in the mix for Watson, but if they fail to win the bidding for him, there are some other options out there that could make sense. Free agents Cam Newton and Jameis Winston would be upgrades over what they currently have. The team could also make some calls on players like Raiders backup Marcus Mariota, or the Jets' Sam Darnold. One wild card I could see is if the 49ers decide to move on from Jimmy Garoppolo, as he would be a natural fit in this offensive system and wouldn’t be asked to do a lot of the heavy lifting with a strong defense and running game.

Thanks, burly but smart fan!

Kwyn

Reaction score
I'm sure Young is untouchable but I can certainly see them offering Payne and Allen alone three 1sts and couple of other picks.
If the Texans wanted Chase Younf, the asking price would start with him and a 1st this year and probably a 2nd and a 3rd as well.

Watson is a top 5 player, under contract for years, at the most important position in football.

or they give up two firsts and two seconds and likely more

Fmart322

Reaction score
Literally none of those qb options sounds intimidating. And if they did pull off acquiring Deshaun it would be by gutting their young impressive core.

If I were Washington I would only offer draft picks. I would not offer the best young defensive talent because that would defeat the purpose of making a trade for Watson imo.