Speculations on WFT next move at QB after failing to land Stafford

cristglo

Reaction score
I dont understand anyone saying why would Watson want to go to Houston!! Duh they have a very good Defense for starters and they also have a young upcoming WR. They have a good Coach. Adding Watson really brings them into SB talk.
They are not going to give up Young but they could throw in another Def guy along with some 1sts. The question should be does Houston want to start over in the QB search?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Literally none of those qb options sounds intimidating. And if they did pull off acquiring Deshaun it would be by gutting their young impressive core.
yup been discussed already in the actual DW threads, all this is getting old to talk about..let it happen..

I hope it does they are trading improving offense for weakening a defensive front, i thought a Dl was far more important ie the middle the trenches both sides..they should draft and develop a qb and get a middling vet to bridge that.. i hope they weaken that defense..I also thought winning with young cheap QB and great defense was better,..hmm all these narratives being shot to heck and back with stupid GM moves all around the league..

I welcome it it would be major mistake that and giving up all that draft capitol, makes zero sense..

now if they could get DW simply with 3 1sts maybe 3rd then roll with it giving up 2 DL including Young=ignorant..will set them back big time

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
yup been discussed already in the actual DW threads, all this is getting old to talk about..let it happen..

I hope it does they are trading improving offense for weakening a defensive front, i thought a Dl was far more important ie the middle the trenches both sides..they should draft and develop a qb and get a middling vet to bridge that.. i hope they weaken that defense..I also thought winning with young cheap QB and great defense was better,..hmm all these narratives being shot to heck and back with stupid GM moves all around the league..

I welcome it it would be major mistake that and giving up all that draft capitol, makes zero sense..

now if they could get DW simply with 3 1sts maybe 3rd then roll with it giving up 2 DL including Young=ignorant..will set them back big time

What's funny about all of this is Smith is still under contract with Washington and all the "we're so happy " when Smith was finally able to play again.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Any DE in the league, including Young, is a no brainer to give up for a franchise QB as long as it reduces the draft picks or other players by at lest one. Great to have a stud DE, but that player isn’t having a big impact on wins and losses without a QB.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If the Texans wanted Chase Younf, the asking price would start with him and a 1st this year and probably a 2nd and a 3rd as well.
There's no way that's enough for me, if I'm Houston. Like...not even close.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What's funny about all of this is Smith is still under contract with Washington and all the "we're so happy " when Smith was finally able to play again.
i believe Smith himself is contemplating retirement or forced to retire by WFT

so theres that for WFDT worry about..its not just his initial injury that hampered him, hes got that calf graph deal that creating more issues..they cant count on him but they would be smarter to try different plan at QB then giving away the farm for Watson..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Any DE in the league, including Young, is a no brainer to give up for a franchise QB as long as it reduces the draft picks or other players by at lest one. Great to have a stud DE, but that player isn’t having a big impact on wins and losses without a QB.

There was a team with an average to below average QB but the #1 defense that went all the way and won a Super Bowl. That QB was Dilfer. Don't right off defense as not needed to win.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
i believe Smith himself is contemplating retirement or forced to retire by WFT

so theres that for WFDT worry about..its not just his initial injury that hampered him, hes got that calf graph deal that creating more issues..they cant count on him but they would be smarter to try different plan at QB then giving away the farm for Watson..

Smith had a calf strain that today is just fine. His "possible retirement" were comments right after Washington loss to Tampa in the playoffs where he said he was going to take a few weeks to ponder his future. Remember what Rodgers said right after the loss to Tampa and people were saying he was either going to retire or demand a trade but later he explained that wasn't what he meant. Rivera has said he hasn't made up his mind on Smith as a starter because of the reports that he was thinking about retiring. I think and I could be wrong, that this is another case where the media has pushed things to where they are and again doing so based on a lot of speculation.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Smith had a calf strain that today is just fine. His "possible retirement" were comments right after Washington loss to Tampa in the playoffs where he said he was going to take a few weeks to ponder his future. Remember what Rodgers said right after the loss to Tampa and people were saying he was either going to retire or demand a trade but later he explained that wasn't what he meant. Rivera has said he hasn't made up his mind on Smith as a starter because of the reports that he was thinking about retiring. I think and I could be wrong, that this is another case where the media has pushed things to where they are and again doing so based on a lot of speculation.
nope his graff they took from that calf is causing reoccurring issues with that area of the calf so it can happen at any moment and takes longer to heal..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
nope his graff they took from that calf is causing reoccurring issues with that area of the calf so it can happen at any moment and takes longer to heal..

Give me a link on that because when I did a search a little while ago that did not come up but I did find that right now today his calf is fine.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Give me a link on that because when I did a search a little while ago that did not come up but I did find that right now today his calf is fine.
its what i heard listening to sports talk during the season....im sure its somewhere out there but not important enough for me to worry about..

CWR

Reaction score
Literally none of those qb options sounds intimidating. And if they did pull off acquiring Deshaun it would be by gutting their young impressive core.

Exactly. What makes them scary is the very defenders they would have to trade away for Watson. In either case I'd rather they not get a legit QB.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
its what i heard listening to sports talk during the season....im sure its somewhere out there but not important enough for me to worry about..

Try catching up. Sometime during the season could have been 6-8 weeks ago.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Try catching up. Sometime during the season could have been 6-8 weeks ago.
doesnt matter when they stated it it was them discussing his injury, calf graff and that they heard from doctors that that causes likelihood of more strains and longer heal times..sorry no keeping up needed nothing changes with that statement..

Flamma

Reaction score
I dont understand anyone saying why would Watson want to go to Houston!! Duh they have a very good Defense for starters and they also have a young upcoming WR. They have a good Coach. Adding Watson really brings them into SB talk.
They are not going to give up Young but they could throw in another Def guy along with some 1sts. The question should be does Houston want to start over in the QB search?

I don't think Watson is going anywhere, but if he does, starting over shouldn't be a problem for Houston. The team sucks with Watson. They won 4 games. What do you think they'll be without him? I'll tell you. In perfect position to draft another QB with the added picks they got trading Watson.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
doesnt matter when they stated it it was them discussing his injury, calf graff and that they heard from doctors that that causes likelihood of more strains and longer heal times..sorry no keeping up needed nothing changes with that statement..

Funny, not ha ha funny, that again I did some searches and found zero articles where any of his doctors said he was susceptible to more injuries and/or longer heal times. I know why you're not worried about it because you have nothing to prove it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Alex Smith's calf strain is about functionality, more challenging because half that calf was used in the muscle transplant to cover his front leg as chronicled by @Stephania_ESPN in #Project11 on @E60.

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/why-alex-smith-calf-injury-complicated/570651

hers the deal i dont give a chit anyway this is wft and alex smith mortal sports enemy's..all these threads are ridiculous anyway. Game 1 whoever they suit up we need to beat them..

lastly those article's are all over and i said a doctor that came on to a popular sports show discussed this and his comment was given he had half calf muscle it is more prone to injury .i mean is that not just understood as common sense? dudes missing half a calf muscle all used to help graff his knee...and plays major sports where he has to set that leg to throw..smh

he struggled with it late in the season

common sense, less muscle, already hurt ,docs gave their opinion i heard it and passed it along.

case closed IDC!

again IDC im not commenting on the 3 stooges in the east anymore..far too much of that going on..

Hardline

Reaction score
I am not sure posters here are aware of just how religious right wing HOU has become which is one of the main reasons Watson wants out. They have some crazy things going on behind the scenes and if that continues, this is blowing up in their face with the league office.
Houston is a solid blue city.