Spitting in the Wind

Mr_437

Reaction score
There's a reason both sides are like they are, and nagging/crying/demanding politely that posters stop talking about Dak negatively is no happening. It's justified.

If you sign Dak, which, I personally don't care about...you d,a,m sure better sign Zeke.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
As I have said before if this site was around in the days of Roger and Troy there would of been haters.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There's a reason both sides are like they are, and nagging/crying/demanding politely that posters stop talking about Dak negatively is no happening. It's justified.

If you sign Dak, which, I personally don't care about...you d,a,m sure better sign Zeke.
Right And Cooper ... and he’ll need an All Pro OL.. and a top 10 defense just to get as far as we have.

All QB’s need surrounding support. The difference is what they do with it. Troy struggled without supporting cast. With it he won 3 Rings.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As I have said before if this site was around in the days of Roger and Troy there would of been haters.
“Haters” is a term that is loosely used for anyone who criticizes . Opponents of the message use that word to discredit the messenger.

Back then there was no social media. Just the media and printed publications.. And they often openly criticized Roger and Landry was criticized too. Merideth retired early partly because of the criticism. Danny had to bear it as did Craig. No one in the public eye is safe from criticism. They understand it. Not sure why fans can’t handle it.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Think about how we threw the biggest legend in Cowboys history under the bus , the only Cowboy with a statue at the stadium , who after 29 years , 20 consecutive winning seasons( still a NFL record), 2 Rings, 5 Super Bowls, 2 NFL Title games including 12 conference championship appearances all because he had 3 straight losing seasons.

And we’re sensitive about the criticism of some of our current characters . Gimme a break. Some weak assfans. Everyone is subject to public ridicule including our legends. Jerry even acknowledges he must withstand the fire in the kitchen.

Romo sympathizers were just as bad if not worse. And now we have those crying about Dak. Grow a pair. You want to silence the critics. Hang some banners from the rafters. Until then . Try to enjoy the ride best you can weathering the storm like all teams and fans.

ESisback

Reaction score
It’s not my job to present a better option . That doesn’t mean I can’t critique the current one.

While I don’t deny the Cowboys are dug in on Dak, I’m not as dug in. I’d prefer waiting another season. I still believe we could draft a more elite QB in 1st round next year or beyond. That doesn’t mean we can’t win more with Dak. And if you are dug in then I get signing him now . But just because our ownership is dug in we don’t have to be.

I just think it’s going to be tougher once we pay him to continue the level of support around him. And we’ve already seen what those results are. That should be a concern to everyone.

I’m not so certain we couldn’t draft a better one. And not afraid to take that risk to hit big. Plus I’m not sold our franchise is capable of continuing to support him with the talent he needs around him. They couldn’t keep Romo surrounded with enough. I can’t help but dream about landing one of those other 10 QB’s you’d rather have.

And none of that is intended to be a bash on Dak anymore than I’d rather have more elite talent at other positions. But wouldn’t it be something to have as much talent at QB as we do at RB or WR. That’s what I want. I’m tired of settling for less. I’m tired of watching us trying to overcome not having one of the best QB’s in the league. If that makes me a bad fan then so be it.

We all want the best player we can get, but if we wait until next year to sign him, it’ll be more expensive. Also, if we win more than 9 games this year, our first round pick will be in the 25-30 range, where it’s MUCH harder to secure a franchise QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We all want the best player we can get, but if we wait until next year to sign him, it’ll be more expensive. Also, if we win more than 9 games this year, our first round pick will be in the 25-30 range, where it’s MUCH harder to secure a franchise QB.
We could always trade up. And or use Dak as trade bait if he truly has value. Personally , I’d love to keep him as a backup. We finally found one we can win some games with.

But as I said. If your Dug In on Dak then of course you pay him now. And why they will. It’s a safe move to remain relevant and hope for more. I just think it makes the road tougher down the road and why I’d swing for the fences. Even those who support the deal question if he’s enough. They’re just more afraid of the unknown.

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
“Haters” is a term that is loosely used for anyone who criticizes . Opponents of the message use that word to discredit the messenger.

Back then there was no social media. Just the media and printed publications.. And they often openly criticized Roger and Landry was criticized too. Merideth retired early partly because of the criticism. Danny had to bear it as did Craig. No one in the public eye is safe from criticism. They understand it. Not sure why fans can’t handle it.

Fans CAN handle an objective discussion that has an ending, but thread after thread of the same narrative gets tiresome. Sure, there’s always been criticism, but social media has created massive overkill, and people overreact to EVERYTHING.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fans CAN handle an objective discussion that has an ending, but thread after thread of the same narrative gets tiresome. Sure, there’s always been criticism, but social media has created massive overkill, and people overreact to EVERYTHING.
I don’t approve of it all either but how do you propose to control the Internet? There isn’t an ending.

It’s up to us to censor ourselves to all of the exposure.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don’t approve of it all either but how do you propose to control the Internet?
Not proposing control of the internet, because that’s impossible. Just commenting on repetitive handwringing over a lack of guaranteed success.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not proposing control of the internet, because that’s impossible. Just commenting on repetitive handwringing over a lack of guaranteed success.
I understand but there’s no objectivity or accountability in social media. Especially on anonymous sites.

At least on FB and Twitter most are using their real names. And they stay a little closer to the vest or are totally banned. And you can control who follows you and comments. It’s like I tell any of my friends and followers. If you troll my thread I’ll delete you . If you want to voice another opinion then start your own thread. Otherwise don’t click on cause your not going to like it.

ES ..Like the Mods tried to tell us from Day 1 back in the day. We can control it by ignoring and not clicking on. If you choose to venture in then you better put your waders on cause the BS is going to be waste high. It is what it is. Enter the Internet with caution.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I see the flaws too. We can win a SB with him though. If the NYG can win one with Elisha we can certainly win one with Dak. Can he put this team on his back and carry them? Probably not but I saw him as getting better last year and can't say I see a ceiling for him. He's good right now but pretty far from great.

One guy stated it pretty aptly on an enemy site when he said (paraphrasing) ... "Dak seems to have that something special when he plays, like he can make that great play and hurt you and you can just feel it."

As long as he's our starting QB then I'm rooting for him. I'm not here to tear our guys down.
lol Eli played great in the playoffs and SB games the years they won SB's

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'm always puzzled why people can't simply not read threads they find tiresome.

I implore the site administrators to let people talk the Cowboy football they want to talk about. All the "these words go in this forum, and those words go in that forum" leads to hall monitor tiresomeness.

With the QB, the problem is particularly acute. Evaluation of the QB is relevant to a great many topics. "He talked Dak, make him stop!" is tiresome to me, and more importantly, interferes with us talking Cowboy football.
yeah I agree, you can just ignore some threads, or put certain posters on ignore.
It doesnt bother me if someone is negative or super homer.

I do agree with jumbo that Dak is gonna get a big contract, and will probably be here several more years.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I'm always puzzled why people can't simply not read threads they find tiresome.

I implore the site administrators to let people talk the Cowboy football they want to talk about. All the "these words go in this forum, and those words go in that forum" leads to hall monitor tiresomeness.

With the QB, the problem is particularly acute. Evaluation of the QB is relevant to a great many topics. "He talked Dak, make him stop!" is tiresome to me, and more importantly, interferes with us talking Cowboy football.
I agree, if not mentally tough enough to handle or avoid someone else's opinion, is an opinion board the best place for your mental health.

Hadenough

Reaction score

These fans complaining about the criticism of Dak act like it's a personal attack on them. People have had different opinions since the beginning of time. When there is a discussion on Dak there will always be positive and negative talk. Take what you like and leave the rest.