News: ST: 5 big names the Cowboys, Texans could target before the NFL's trade deadline

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Six games in....no one available for trade is going to stroll in here and be a difference maker. It’s different than in the offseason when you have time to learn the offense/defensive systems. Now? Forget it.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I think the Joey Galloway trade and the Roy Williams trade should be enough of an experiment to know that trading draft picks for WR's isn't a great deal. If the WR in question were to be traded for a low round pick sure a first round pick is a non-starter in talks.

Exhibit A see J.Gordon, don't know why in the h--- for ONLY A 5th, that old jerrah didnt snatch out the old flip phone fast to call Boston MA.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish the NFL had an active trade deadline Iike MLB, the NHL and the NBA. How awesome would it be if there were a lot of deals done that day every year?

I know with football it's much harder to plug a player in midseason but it would be highly entertaining to see what teams do. (Other teams. We would still like our guys under this scenario.)

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Hey let’s trade for Bell and run the wishbone since we lack a Qb that can pass from the pocket, oh wait Dak rarely goes under center :lmao2:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I'm not so sure.

You look at what the Rams have done in 2 years and they are lapping the field with their play.

They engineered trades and FA signings so fast it made us all nauseas.

Are we above this?

It seems so but I think it's a real chink in our approach to winning a World Title.

Charles Haley was a trade that sealed 2 SBs for us.

Hershel Walker was a trade that brought us 2 more.

I think you guys that say no to trading and signing are in denial myself.

Jesus..

we just about drove ourselves to distraction over Earl Thomas.

Do not dismiss the need we have to take advantage if the situation presents itself.
Dallas has set themselves up to make a few splashes next yr. And I think we will see it. Wether it was trade free agent signings and draft. This team is going to turn heads. They will have around 70mil in cap room I believe with the rollover. No way do they Not go swimming next offseason

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Dallas has set themselves up to make a few splashes next yr. And I think we will see it. Wether it was trade free agent signings and draft. This team is going to turn heads. They will have around 70mil in cap room I believe with the rollover. No way do they Not go swimming next offseason

So says you. I think they are just being cheap.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Exhibit A see J.Gordon, don't know why in the h--- for ONLY A 5th, that old jerrah didnt snatch out the old flip phone fast to call Boston MA.

Still early and hard to tell if any WRs on the roster would step up. Looking back at it now, no question Jerruh should’ve picked up the phone and inquire about Gordon. Like another poster stated, they could still be hesitant due to the whole Greg Hardy debacle...

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
5 big names the Cowboys, Texans could target before the NFL's trade deadline

Cardinals_Cowboys_113.JPG

The Dallas Cowboys need help at WR, while the Houston Texans need secondary aid. Could either team target players rumored to be on the block, including the Raiders Amari Cooper or the Cardinals Patrick Peterson.

Read Full Story
Joseph, Parker of those 5 I'd go after given the price of Peterson or Cooper.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Ya,adding that Cat To ANY FRAY,,, upsets the pot on the games table!!!,,,that's WHY I can not understand why Pittsburgh didn't lock that (lighter in the backasspocket by 5million )by now;!,,, ya know the prior outcome of games those Skeezix SCUM bags could've succeeded with were he to have
' fell into lock step' while enjoying a fat wallet and a contender of a team?,,, he's not my type of foxhole/ fighting friend,,, I want on my side of the fence.o_O
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

cristglo

Reaction score
See how we play against the Skins first. If we go back to the same ole OFF play I wouldnt trade for anyone If anything I might be trading someone away! One game IMO hasnt changed this team We need to put together a string of changes and one player isnt going to do it. Save that money when you can go shopping and get what you want and need instead of just settling.