News: ST: Cowboys miss Miles Austin, who sits out with hamstring strain

NewsBot

Reaction score
Miles Austin missed his first game since 2011 when he missed six games with hamstring injuries. The Cowboys missed him.

"You always miss Miles," Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo said. "Miles is a great football player. Whenever you don't have him, it's going to be tougher. Saying that, it's part of the game. Miles knows that. Same thing when I got hurt. You've got be able to find ways to win football games."

Austin sat out with a hamstring strain. Dwayne Harris started in his place, with Harris and rookie Terrance Williams trying to fill in for Austin, who has eight catches for 106 yards and a touchdown this season.

"We miss Miles," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. "He’s a key route runner. But I thought Williams did some good things. I thought he did some good things. And I thought [Cole] Beasley did, too. But we’ll always miss Miles when he’s not up to par and in the game."

Tony Romo threw for only 244 yards against the league's 32nd-ranked pass defense. Williams had seven receptions for 71 yards but lost a fumble. Beasley had three catches for 16 yards, and Harris had one catch for 13 yards.

It allowed the Chargers to concentrate on shutting down Dez Bryant and Jason Witten.
"Miles is a great wideout," said Bryant, who had six catches for 81 yards and two touchdowns. "He's part of the receiving crew, the brothers. We missed him out there. Hopefully, we can get him back next week."

-- Charean Williams

Continue reading...