News: ST: Cowboys sound like they'll let linebacker Hitchens walk in free agency

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
When you look at it we've done a decent job with FA LB'er additions. Durant was serviceable but age caught up to him. Rolando played well before the "purple Jesus drank" did him in. I see David Harris has retired. Not sure who is out there in FA LB'er land but wouldn't be surprised to see a lower tier guy signed in FA

CCBoy

Reaction score
Hitchens.JPG

Just what is abnormal in this picture?

glimmerman

Reaction score
We really have no idea if J Smith will return to 100% form and we need depth behind Lee as well so LB'er will be one of several key pieces in the draft. The four compensatory picks should help and picking up a decent LB'er in FA would help too.
Wondering if we can get a immediate impact LB in the draft. They have to learn the NFL system. Took Hitch a while to be as good as he is. Jaylon is a wildcard. He has the mindset and knowledge but is the wheel gonna get better? I think we will see improvement. If he is 100 then we got something. Kid would be amazing. Imagine if we kept Hitch, Lee stayed healthy and Jaylon was 100. A man can dream.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Wondering if we can get a immediate impact LB in the draft. They have to learn the NFL system. Took Hitch a while to be as good as he is. Jaylon is a wildcard. He has the mindset and knowledge but is the wheel gonna get better? I think we will see improvement. If he is 100 then we got something. Kid would be amazing. Imagine if we kept Hitch, Lee stayed healthy and Jaylon was 100. A man can dream.

I'd say that bet is a good one, and a top linebacker via the draft...smart money.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

If Jaylon can shed the foot brace then I see no reason why he can't return to form. That's still an "if" though. His athleticism is fine, his instinct reaction took awhile to come back but until that brace comes off, instincts be damned, he still won't be able to use 100% of the instinct because of the foot limitations. No question he's come a long way

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'd say that bet is a good one, and a top linebacker via the draft...smart money.
If FA don’t bring Hitch the money he wants maybe we keep him in a one or two year deal. Draft a stallion LB we could develop. We could have a great LB corp. but Jaylon is in his 3rd year already. If he is 100 then we won’t be able to pay him his worth. Lee will be gone sooner than later. Revolving door and we have a short window to make it happen.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If Jaylon can shed the foot brace then I see no reason why he can't return to form. That's still an "if" though. His athleticism is fine, his instinct reaction took awhile to come back but until that brace comes off, instincts be damned, he still won't be able to use 100% of the instinct because of the foot limitations. No question he's come a long way
He is doing more and more. He was bowling again. Said he hasn’t been able to do that up until now. I am hopeful for him. They say he hits like a truck when healthy. We need that in our LB. not just a tackle but hitter.

lostar2009

Reaction score
They still paying for Lee and Smith game should pick up this year. Most likely this is how they will move forward. Draft another LB and pick up a solid LB that is better than Durant.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys will cry. Then if/when the Cowboys find an actual talented player at that position you'll be like "whoa" and forget all about this ham and egger.

Aven8

Reaction score
You guys will cry. Then if/when the Cowboys find an actual talented player at that position you'll be like "whoa" and forget all about this ham and egger.

You've never liked him, but you have to admit when he came back and replaced Jaylon is was like we put in Ray Lewis for Bobby Carpenter. The defense improved immensely.