News: ST: Cowboys will look at contract extension for linebacker Sean Lee; Lee just wants to stay...

NewsBot

Reaction score
Vice-president Stephen Jones said the Cowboys will look at signing linebacker Sean Lee ot a contract extension before the end of the season to keep him from hitting the free agetn market.
"He is going to into the last year of his contract," Jones said. "That is something we will look at."
Lee wants to continue his career with the Cowboys but he said his focus is staying on the field and helping the Cowboys win.
He believes if he does that the contract situation will take care of itself.
"I just want to play football. that is the key for me," Lee said. "I want to be on the field, helping our team win. When it comes to contract that stuff plays itself out. Right now I'm just blessed to be out here. I just need to find a way to stay on the field."
Staying on the field is a big deal for Lee, who has taken over as the leader of the defense and is certainly worthy of a contract extension to remain with the team. However, it is no secret that he has been plagued by injuries. Lee missed ten games last with torn ligaments in his big toe after missing three games his first two seasons.
"I need to be out there helping our team win," Lee said. "I need to be out there for a full season. Hopefully I can do my part to help us get the playoffs and win a super bowl. I have to be out there to do that."
Clarence Hill

Continue reading...