News: ST: Joseph Randle close to returning to 100 percent after two surgeries on his thumb

NewsBot

Reaction score
Joseph Randle wishes he had been able to practice in the team's OTAs and minicamp, but he can't do anything to speed the healing on his surgically repaired right thumb. The fifth-round draft pick, who had two surgeries to repair ligament damage, will have his cast removed June 21.

"I wish it was tomorrow," Randle said. "...I'm just going to have a little brace on there, but I'm going to be good to go [after getting the cast removed]."

The Cowboys drafted Randle to backup DeMarco Murray. Murray has missed nine games with injuries in his two seasons.

Dallas knew when it selected Randle that he would not be ready until training camp, but Randle has spent the off-season staying in shape and getting "mental reps." He weighs 207 now, up from 198 last season, and expects to play at that weight.

"It is what it is," Randle said of his injury. "All you can do is be your best. All I can do right now is workout and mentally be ready and know the plays and stuff like that. So I've just got to do what I can right now and continue to learn each day."

Randle rushed for 3,085 yards at Oklahoma State, and he scored 40 rushing touchdowns. He said he will stay in town after getting the cast removed in order to take some handoffs and "get back in the swing of things."

-- Charean Williams

Continue reading...