News: ST: Why Cowboys QB coach Jon Kitna is right choice to get the most out of Dak Prescott?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Per the article:

"And there is no better person to help Prescott get to the next step than Kitna, who finished his NFL career with 29,745 passing yards, 169 touchdowns, 165 interceptions, and a 77.4 passer rating. '

Excuse me? Just 4 less ints than tds, and a 77.4 rating and there's "no better person" to teach Prescott?

Don't get me wrong, first of all the old saying "those that can't, do, those that can't, teach" is certainly a valid saying at least some of the time. For example, it's pretty hard for a quarterback with limited arm strength, for instance (Kellen Moore, perhaps) to make some necessary throws, even if he can see and know that's the throw that's needed. Just can't make the throw. But he can teach someone to understand that's the throw to make in a situation, and the quarterback with the arm strength can do it. Second, I do think Kitna could be better than Wilson, I'm certainly willing to give him, and Moore, a chance.

But I hardly think there's nobody better out there than Kitna....

Last edited: