News: ST: Why Jerry Jones believes the Cowboys can beat any team in the playoffs, win Super Bowl

Brax

Reaction score
It will be epic, which is why I will be fully engrossed watching and reading reactions of those individuals who have always said it will never happen with Jones in charge.
In 22 years even blind luck can happen, you don't have to worry as it isn't happening in all likelihood.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It will be epic, which is why I will be fully engrossed watching and reading reactions of those individuals who have always said it will never happen with Jones in charge.
And why I’ve always stopped short of saying “ never”. It leaves you no wiggle room.

Personally, I liked our chances better in 07, 14 and 16 Divisional rounds to advance but it’s why we play the games.

The bigger question is if Jerry finally puts the demons to rest proving his critics wrong is will he finally hang it up being GM and officially pass the baton to Stephen or possibly Jason?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 22 years even blind luck can happen, you don't have to worry as it isn't happening in all likelihood.
You could be right. You could be wrong. Like you stated, even blind luck can happen. The question is what can any of his 'Jerry will never win another Super Bowl while he is in charge!' detractors say if blind luck strikes? Never is a pretty long time. It is like... infinite...

bark

Reaction score
Well he did think our offense was similar to the Rams so I don’t know why you’d expect anything less from Jerry

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I'm with ya Jerry! Our Wild Card Cowboys went into the coliseum and beat the favored rams 44-14 in '75 title game. Let's do this one more time before I'm too old to remember such.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Let’s say that the Cowboys get beat pretty bad on Saturday (I actually think they’ll win) and we’re unable once again to advance to the NFCCG. Does Jerry make any changes? At least a new OC you would think but anything else?

Brax

Reaction score
You could be right. You could be wrong. Like you stated, even blind luck can happen. The question is what can any of his 'Jerry will never win another Super Bowl while he is in charge!' detractors say if blind luck strikes? Never is a pretty long time. It is like... infinite...
They could win this year, worse teams have won the super bowl, but I'm one of them that believe it would be dumb luck if they won with Jerry in charge, enjoy the game this week end and blind luck or great management hope they win.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shocked, just shocked!

I don't blame the old coot any longer, I blame these aholes asking him these stupid questions. Ask any owner, GM, HC left in the playoffs that question. You won't get the stupid wagon train analogy but you will get an affirmative. The others aren't nearly as clever and creative as latter day Mark Twain.

Someone needs to let him know he's made it to California. The objective is to be Sherman in Atlanta. Get some "Gone with the Wind" references and make sure to get some slave references, that'll go over well there.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And why I’ve always stopped short of saying “ never”. It leaves you no wiggle room.

Personally, I liked our chances better in 07, 14 and 16 Divisional rounds to advance but it’s why we play the games.

The bigger question is if Jerry finally puts the demons to rest proving his critics wrong is will he finally hang it up being GM and officially pass the baton to Stephen or possibly Jason?
Not including the word 'never' it these kinds of conversations is always rational and practical. Glad you have never said never (no pun intended :) )

You know we disagree with what motivates Jones. ;) I believe Jones sees himself as general manager until death or being involuntarily removed due to medically diagnosed as mentally incompetent.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They could win this year, worse teams have won the super bowl, but I'm one of them that believe it would be dumb luck if they won with Jerry in charge, enjoy the game this week end and blind luck or great management hope they win.
As long as that D doesn't let the O get behind more than 7 points, they've got a chance. Teams only scored 24 points on them in the Q1 all season, which is crazy good and the main reason they are in the playoffs.

But get behind and have to play catch up and they will be exactly where the DC wants them. I do not believe Linehan believes in the run game enough to use that as catch up and the Cowboys are one of the few teams that can actually use that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No, only health will remove him. He's not just there for the credit, he's there for the Kardashian celebrity status and would just as soon be dead as not be on camera and have a mic in his face. Being in the public eye is like a drug to him and he will not willingly give that up.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is fine. However, results occurring in real life due to blind luck never equates as 'never'. :thumbup:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not including the word 'never' it these kinds of conversations is always rational and practical. Glad you have never said never (no pun intended :) )

You know we disagree with what motivates Jones. ;) I believe Jones sees himself as general manager until death or being involuntarily removed due to medically diagnosed as mentally incompetent.
It is not just GM but the face of the franchise. He is not backing off and never has and those that projected Son was taking over were just wishful thinking. I would much rather Booger remain in control than turn it over to the lucky sperm. I think he's a joke in a NFL FO.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Just shut up, Jerry.

I know. Just once I want the headline to be, "Jerry Jones keeps a low profile." I don't think that will ever happen. If the team wins the Super Bowl, he can talk all he wants. For now, I wish he would just keep quiet.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I mean water is wet... Any owner with a team in the playoffs should feel like that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I wouldn’t necessarily disagree that Jerry is in it until his last breathe . I’m just being hopeful proving everyone wrong might bring about some changes however slight they could be.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I know. Just once I want the headline to be, "Jerry Jones keeps a low profile." I don't think that will ever happen. If the team wins the Super Bowl, he can talk all he wants. For now, I wish he would just keep quiet.
Instead of a skwak...just ignore it then. They doing alright as a team now? Who do YOU credit? Yourself...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, only health will remove him. He's not just there for the credit, he's there for the Kardashian celebrity status and would just as soon be dead as not be on camera and have a mic in his face. Being in the public eye is like a drug to him and he will not willingly give that up.
Believe me I understand but he could still have his celebrity status without the official title of GM.