Stafford decides not to max out new deal. Still big $$

DFWJC

Reaction score
Blasphemy! Those Cowboys were legit Pro Bowlers.

Knocking down MBIII in order to cover up for Romo’s "shortcomings" at the time? You Romo hardcore fanatics do it all the time.

Look at MBIII's 2007 highlights. No way in hell anyone can say he wasn't a Pro Bowler!

Heck, look at the push, the holes and running lanes that 2007 Oline created every single play! That's the best Oline performance we have seen since then, and that's because we are now in 2022!!! So enough with the lies to cover up for Romo's early years shortcomings. Romo was surrounded with a franchise record 13 Pro Bowlers! Count them...13 Pro Bowlers during his early years as a starter, but they came up way short. Heck, I bet Dak would have done better if he was surrounded with 13 Pro Bowlers, MBIII and that monster Oline!

:lmao:

Btw...I didn't even mention Romo, you did.
I DID say that was a very good team. Would've been nice if they'd won a couple of playoff games.
A really nice and balanced team. No doubt. And they went 13-3 but came one play short of winning vs the Giants.

And give me a break on MB3 (one of my favorite players to watch given his heart) as a legit Pro Bowler. Let alone several of those others.
I'm going to guess that never was, before nor ever again will, the be a RB with 18th most yards gets Pro Bowl....don't care what their cherry-picked highlight reels look like.

And Greg Ellis, Ken Hamlin....2007 Roy Willaims....come on. Solid but not Pro Bowl players. I guess Nick Folk had a decent year, so he was one too.

But it really doesn't matter. We are talking 15 years ago.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Move on? You think? Carr has been a very good QB his entire career. What makes you think they'd move on?

Nothing. The only thing that can make me think that is if they don't give him an extension before the season starts. I'm just surprised they haven't done it yet.

Flamma

Reaction score
True on Romo. He was very immature at the time (2007), but you can't say he didn't have as much good talent around him in 2007 as Stafford had last year in L.A..

Right, but that means absolutely nothing. They're not playing the same competition. The Rams barely got by the 49ers. Do you think they would have beaten that crazy Patriots team in 2007? And the giants in the playoffs? Stafford would have been picking turf from his teeth.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's earned 239M in salary alone over the last 13 years. I think he's good financially. Smart to play for less and help the team win. Winners make more money off the field than on the field.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Did Stafford previously hold out for a bloated contract? I'm not a DET fan, so I surely don't know.

I'm a Cowboys fan. I am against whatever hurts our chances of winning a super bowl. Players who hold out for max contracts hurt our chances. I personally hate any player who holds out for max money if they are not worth it. Hate is way too strong of a word, BTW, it's more of a dislike. I extend it to DLaw and Zeke also, both of whom pulled major chickenpoop moves to assuage their greed.
Stafford never came close to holding out.
But remember, he was in the era before rookie contracts were much smaller..

kskboys

Reaction score
Because you said he did hold out during the season. Facts are important in a conversation.
Ok, so now that we're over that, Dak held out for max contract, not giving a roasted bird turd about little things like winning.

kskboys

Reaction score
Right, but that means absolutely nothing. They're not playing the same competition. The Rams barely got by the 49ers. Do you think they would have beaten that crazy Patriots team in 2007? And the giants in the playoffs? Stafford would have been picking turf from his teeth.
Rams hit the perfect storm this season, even w/ Cincy in the super bowl, a team w/ a crapp OL.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why do you keep focusing on semantics instead of the facts?
It's not semantics. It's just a straight out lie. Why lie to try to mention a fact? Yes, Dak and his new agent did everything they could to get the most out of Jerry (which they did), but it did not happen as a hold out as you keep intentionally saying.

Carson

Reaction score
According to OverTheCap.com, Stafford has made $239 million during his NFL career. He has signed three contracts worth at least $53 million total and has had a minimum average annual value of $12 million during his NFL career.

This is like when Brady took "less" to help his team. You cannot compare guys getting their first contract to a guy who has made $239 MILLION Dollars

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
According to OverTheCap.com, Stafford has made $239 million during his NFL career. He has signed three contracts worth at least $53 million total and has had a minimum average annual value of $12 million during his NFL career.

This is like when Brady took "less" to help his team. You cannot compare guys getting their first contract to a guy who has made $239 MILLION Dollars

Did Detroit win anything paying Stafford all that money? Stafford never won a playoff game in Detroit. Yet, he is a far superior QB than Dak. So, if the Lions model of paying Stafford and a bevy of WRS resulted in ZERO playoff wins, what the hell chance does Dallas have doing the same thing with Dak? The answer is next to zero. The fact is that this is a mediocre team being masked by a horrible division devoid of QBs.

So the question is why are we following the Detroit Lions model?

Flamma

Reaction score
Rams hit the perfect storm this season, even w/ Cincy in the super bowl, a team w/ a crapp OL.

Yep. TBH, I think Cinci was the 3rd best team in the AFC. But hey, good for them.

DFWJC

Reaction score
True on Romo. He was very immature at the time (2007), but you can't say he didn't have as much good talent around him in 2007 as Stafford had last year in L.A..
2014 Romo takes that 2007 Cowboys team to the SB to fall to the Pats
So does 2021 Stafford

Then again, I think all of Dallas teams from 2016-2021 would’ve done better too…maybe ny a lot. With either player

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Same exact contract that Dak got. Same thing. Yet, Dak gets blasted while Matt gets applauded.

The personal hatred is clear as day for some.

Stafford won a SB and Dak barely won a single playoff game at home. And lets be real, if Seattle bothered to run the ball, we would have lost that game.

Its not about Hate, its about results.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Stafford won a SB and Dak barely won a single playoff game at home. And lets be real, if Seattle bothered to run the ball, we would have lost that game.

Its not about Hate, its about results.
It is about hate. Playoff results fall on a team, not just one player. Let's be real, you guys hate Dak. Period.