Stanford for Goff

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
A cannon arm guy like Stafford could benefit from more play action.
But he's evolved so much over time and so smart (OCs call him a computer) that he can adjust to whatever...imo
My worry for him is longer term health
Iron man no more.
This is the true test of what many here including myself have said and stated in many posts.
Environment, situation,, isnt that what this is to the 10th degree.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
fair enough

btw, the Rams gave up a lot, but its not as much as some think.
Because the two ones are in 2022 and 2033......Added all up (with the 2021 3rd rounder) and it amounts to a single later 1st round pick in draft trade capital.
In other words, all of those teams that offered 1st rounders this year were offering the same value....and sometimes even more in Carolina's case.
The difference was that Detroit's deal included Goff too.

People say the Rams were nuts, but what that's say about all the others that offered as much or more....
Thats very true.

cowboyec

Reaction score
True, and how could any FO ever turn their back on that offer.
It was an offer you couldnt refuse.
i think both teams are under the gun to make it work.
the rams better....or mcvay will be gone and it'll be a tough rebuild there for awhile.

the lions better because if they can't make that work.....then if not now when?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
fair enough

btw, the Rams gave up a lot, but its not as much as some think.
Because the two ones are in 2022 and 2033......Added all up (with the 2021 3rd rounder) and it amounts to a single later 1st round pick in draft trade capital.
In other words, all of those teams that offered 1st rounders this year were offering the same value....and sometimes even more in Carolina's case.
The difference was that Detroit's deal included Goff too.

People say the Rams were nuts, but what that's say about all the others that offered as much or more....
McVay wins a ring and then he is a genius and all futures are forgiven in this deal.
Thats the deal.
McVay is the modern day version of Jimmy Johnson the gambling man..

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
i think both teams are under the gun to make it work.
the rams better....or mcvay will be gone and it'll be a tough rebuild there for awhile.

the lions better because if they can't make that work.....then if not now when?
They have the conservative approach I guess the fan base is used to it by now.
Strange times and crazy deals these days brother.

cowboyec

Reaction score
They have the conservative approach I guess the fan base is used to it by now.
Strange times and crazy deals these days brother.
and we're told this is only the beginning.
i'm kinda scared....

kskboys

Reaction score
detroit has no excuses now.
better,younger qb and a crap load of draft picks.
if they are ever gonna turn the corner....its now.
Noooo, Goff is not better than Stafford. That's not even close.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Noooo, Goff is not better than Stafford. That's not even close.
i actually think it is,personally.
mr QB guru...skinny jeans mcvay...used 2 1st rd picks to get him and went all halmark channel when they won the nfc with him and then signed his extension.
so....yeah....i think goff....right now...is a better qb.
just my opinion.
the same one mcvay held until he went bat**** crazy because of california's stay at home orders.

DFWJC

Reaction score
mr QB guru...skinny jeans mcvay...used 2 1st rd picks to get him and went all halmark channel when they won the nfc with him and then signed his extension.
just my opinion.
the same one mcvay held until he went bat**** crazy because of california's stay at home orders.
That's just it, your recollection of this story are a bit off, cowboyec.
Goff was NOT McVay's choice.
Goff was drafted in 2016 and was marginal to even terrible that year. The team went 0-7 with him starting.
McVay came in 2017 and turned things around, mainly taking the pressure off with a great D and run game---which always helps.
Goff never was McVay's guy, but he was doing the best he could

Goff 2016 without McVay
5 TD 7 int, 63.6 QB rating...team record with him starting 0-7

Goff 2107 with McVay
28 TD, 7 int, 100.5 QB rating...team record 11-4

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
just my opinion.
Goff has been a bottom tier QB with for the last two years. And thats on a team with an offensive guru as the HC and playoff talent around him. His highlights are pretty much all WR rac highlights. He is a significant downgrade from Stafford

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't think the average fan understands just how good Stafford is or how much he is respected around the league.
I'm serious, its insulting to compare him to Goff or Wentz.....please.

His teammates love him and opponents all know what he brings.
He was just been buried in Detroit.

Just a few of years of player and coach praise. The dude is way underrated

Golden Tate, who played with Russell Wilson, calls Stafford the best QB he has ever played with.
“Stafford’s been the best quarterback I’ve played with,” Tate said Sunday in speaking with ClickOnDetroit.com. “The guy can flat out play, he’s tough, and his attitude is amazing, and he just wants to play ball. For me, I have nothing but praises for him. It’s almost unfair despite how great he is, he doesn’t have a ring to show for it.”

Bruce Arians borderline worships the dude.
“He’s one of my all-time favorite guys,” Arians told reporters regarding Stafford. “He’s tough as nails. Like I said the other day, he’s one of the few quarterbacks I like going out and watching warm up. Just watching him throw because he’s so special. I’ve always felt like he was one of the top four or five guys in this league for a long time. Like I said, he’s tough as nails and his guys know it. They know he’s going to suck it up for them.”"He can make every throw from every angle, and he’s just so, so talented," Arians said.

Aaron Rodgers
People were mentioning Mahomes' no look passes and Rodgers says Stafford has been doing all the time
"I must say this. You know, a guy who probably doesn't get anywhere near the credit for doing s--t like that all the time, he wears No. 9 and plays in Detroit.
"That dude, what he does with the ball, it's impressive. It's really, really impressive.
"I know [current ESPN analyst and ex-Lions backup quarterback] Dan Orlovsky will highlight some stuff from time to time, sure, because they played together and they're good friends, which he should, but that dude is throwing crazy no-lookers all the time, like, and he can throw from any arm angle."

Belichick
“He does an excellent job of seeing down the field in all situations,” Belichick said . “No matter how much pressure he’s under, he seems to find guys down there. Sometimes it appears that they’re covered, but he can put the ball where (Marvin) Jones in particular, but also (Kenny) Golladay, can go up and make plays on the ball.

“He’s very accurate and he’s got a strong arm. He can stand in there and make those throws, with or without a rush, in or out of the pocket, stationary or on the run. He’s extremely dangerous – one of the very best in the league for sure.”

Last edited: