Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise Of Skywalker Official Teaser

cml750

Reaction score
After the last disaster of a movie, I will not be contributing any more to the franchise as long as Kathleen Kennedy is around. She has completely ruined the franchise I started loving as a child in the 70's much like Jerry has done with the football team I loved. I skipped Solo and will skip all the rest of them too.

ShortRound

Reaction score
After the last disaster of a movie, I will not be contributing any more to the franchise as long as Kathleen Kennedy is around. She has completely ruined the franchise I started loving as a child in the 70's much like Jerry has done with the football team I loved. I skipped Solo and will skip all the rest of them too.

Her and Rian are dead to me with what they did to Luke. I waited since 86? to see a bad-azz Luke come and be a legendary Jedi and they turned him into a old broken down man. That movie was a disaster.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Completely agree with you guys about how Disney (and specifically Rian Johnson )butchered my most beloved franchise. But unlike Rian, JJ Abrams is a massive life long fan and I know he wants to see the saga end well.

But yes. PLEASE. DO RIGHT BY LUKE. Bring him back. Retcon TLJ for all I care. Just end it with a bang. As much as I realize Star Wars is most likely RIP I would die inside if I skipped this movie.

timb2

Reaction score
Who can't see a mile away that Rey and The Bad guy with the big nose are the son and daughter of Han Solo and Princess Leia? The story is so predictable. The Han Solo Movie was not bad ,it's all these new versions with Rey and Finn and Big Nose....Star Wars is dead to me now. I loved Luke Skywalker but this new crap is so full of BS. Crap with Princess Leia having her Mary Poppins moment floating through Space. Finally get an Asian chick and she is a bloated Ewok. Finn has absolutely acting personality. The droids are more lifelike than Finn. Ugly women rule the Universe and I'm ticked off about that. Laura Dern??? Seriously??? It is GIRL POWER and Hollywood has spinning this female hero stuff the last few years and IT'S NOT CATCHING ON. Just like the WNBA has been around since the 90s and no one watches it.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Who can't see a mile away that Rey and The Bad guy with the big nose are the son and daughter of Han Solo and Princess Leia? The story is so predictable. The Han Solo Movie was not bad ,it's all these new versions with Rey and Finn and Big Nose....Star Wars is dead to me now. I loved Luke Skywalker but this new crap is so full of BS. Crap with Princess Leia having her Mary Poppins moment floating through Space. Finally get an Asian chick and she is a bloated Ewok. Finn has absolutely acting personality. The droids are more lifelike than Finn. Ugly women rule the Universe and I'm ticked off about that. Laura Dern??? Seriously??? It is GIRL POWER and Hollywood has spinning this female hero stuff the last few years and IT'S NOT CATCHING ON. Just like the WNBA has been around since the 90s and no one watches it.

Leia flying in space was ridiculous. Now I'm upset again lol..

ShortRound

Reaction score
You guys are taking things way to seriously. They are movies. While they are part of a great franchise, not every franchise can be Star Trek. :D :D :D

Knsze7M.gif

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
At least this teaser alone has more light Saber action than the freakin' entirety of the last movie that shall not be named.

The thing that infuriates me the most is that you had Mark Hammil, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher all ALIVE and willing to come back and you don't FILM.ONE.SCENE. with the three legends together at once?!? I do blame JJ for some of the crap in The Force Awakens as well. Course Correct. Make things right!

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Nobody watches the WNBA because it sucks as a sports product not because it’s played by women. Nba players have been used several time to hype it up. The nba players sound bored during the promo.

I don’t see anything wrong with a woman protagonist though. I don’t need the characters/actors to look like me to enjoy whatever it is I am watching.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is there anything about the Star Wars franchise that doesn't piss somebody off? If it's not the Ewoks, it's JarJar Binks or lately too many minorities represented and not enough old white guys since Han, Obe Wan, Anniken and Luke have gone to Forcetown.

If you want to be critical, that's OK, but you can start with some of the worst acting caught on film in Episode 4 and I've seen that at least 20-25 times and am usually critical of the acting but it is StarWars and for me, almost anything is forgivable. I am easy to please with StarWars.

Make enough films within any franchise and some will suffer and not meet expectations. Like Alien, Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Die Hard, Rocky, Pirates, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter and not every season of GOT is dead on either. But it is GOT.