Starting a new job

lukin2006

Reaction score
In the last few weeks I have been been preparing to start a new job.

I have been hired as a school board custodian. I retired from a similar position a few years back, then my marriage went to the crapper, which forced me back into the work force.

I have been employed with a cannabis company the last year. The Cannabis company was a crap employer that traeted their employees like chattel. I will be so glad to send them the email that I have found better employment...yee haw.

I can now send them that any day. I got my police clearance today. I am just waiting for a call for orientation and all that jazz.

Its a good job with good pay, benefits, paid sick time, pension and a UNION...a good union. healthcare is not an issue, we have universal health care in Canada...

I'm stoked. I like custodial work. You usually work alone. I HATE people. So this job suits me.

My ex wife hates her job. LOL. How fitting. She tried to leave me destitute. I will win this divorce if its the last thing I do...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This job will take me into retirement or until I am ready to move.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't hate all people. There are good people out there. Hope you have success with your new job and it works out. :)
He doesn't hate all people, just the ones who suck........so......most people.

I'm a misanthropist myself, and I'm thinking of starting my own misanthropy based church. Anyone is welcome to join, just do it from your own friggin' house.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

I'm a misanthropist myself, and I'm thinking of starting my own misanthropy based church. Anyone is welcome to join, just do it from your own friggin' house.

Well i'm too upbeat and happy, ignoring all the anger out there. The weed helps, lol.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I have been hired as a school board custodian. I retired from a similar position a few years back, then my marriage went to the crapper, which forced me back into the work force.

I have been employed with a cannabis company the last year. The Cannabis company was a crap employer that traeted their employees like chattel. I will be so glad to send them the email that I have found better employment...yee haw.

I can now send them that any day. I got my police clearance today. I am just waiting for a call for orientation and all that jazz.

Its a good job with good pay, benefits, paid sick time, pension and a UNION...a good union. healthcare is not an issue, we have universal health care in Canada...

I'm stoked. I like custodial work. You usually work alone. I HATE people. So this job suits me.

My ex wife hates her job. LOL. How fitting. She tried to leave me destitute. I will win this divorce if its the last thing I do...

Good luck brother!!!! Glad to see things are looking up.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Good luck brother!!!! Glad to see things are looking up.
Thank you.

I feel fortunate for getting this job. decent-paying jobs with good benefits and a pension are rare around these parts.

But I saw an opportunity and went for it. I knew they were hiring because of COVID...and everyone hired to assist with sanitizing and cleaning because of COVID will be kept on...and they will.

I told Janitors at the cannabis company that I worked for about how good am employer the school board is...all I got was "I don't want to work for them". Maybe I am missing something, but it was my sister who told me about custodial jobs 30 years ago...I applied and spent nearly 25 years making above average income that has set me up well for my retirement...I don't get it. Younger people do not seem motivated? I am 54. I still see the opportunity to enhance my retirement with this job. And if at 65 if I want to I could work part-time and collect my retirement monies...lots of options for me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Count me in but I ain't attending any services if there are people there. And I want a blind, deafmute priest, with a bad memory, to hear my confessions.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Lukie Luke, glad you're getting out of that sordid cannabis business and you will get your revenge on them as part of the school's job is to convince the kids not to smoke weed. When those kids find out about your former employer, they will question your sanity.

Don't hate all people, just the arrogant ones celebrating their position on the food ladder because of opposing thumbs and the stupid ones. My wife used to tell me that I shouldn't hate stupid people because they can't help it. I told her that was one of the stupidest things I'd ever heard, stupid people celebrate their stupidity.

I will admit to one thing. My disdain for human beings has multiplied proportionately with the advent of social media. I no longer feel guilty about avoiding people and hope social distancing catches on. However, I do not think measuring it in feet is enough, I prefer we get League out of the vault. That's the distance a person could walk in an hour. Knowing I was an hour from the closest human being would make the time pass so well.

Glad to hear you've got some positive vibe going on and something to look forward to as you've had a tough time of it. As far as that soon to be ex wife.........

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score

Glad to hear this man. Good luck with your new endeavor!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you.

I feel fortunate for getting this job. decent-paying jobs with good benefits and a pension are rare around these parts.

But I saw an opportunity and went for it. I knew they were hiring because of COVID...and everyone hired to assist with sanitizing and cleaning because of COVID will be kept on...and they will.

I told Janitors at the cannabis company that I worked for about how good am employer the school board is...all I got was "I don't want to work for them". Maybe I am missing something, but it was my sister who told me about custodial jobs 30 years ago...I applied and spent nearly 25 years making above average income that has set me up well for my retirement...I don't get it. Younger people do not seem motivated? I am 54. I still see the opportunity to enhance my retirement with this job. And if at 65 if I want to I could work part-time and collect my retirement monies...lots of options for me.
I worked as a custodian of an office building when I was in HS. I enjoyed it, most people were very nice. A few snobs, but you get that every where. I used to give the athletic area custodian and my secretary $500 every Christmas. Good honest work.

Creeper

Reaction score
The only people who win in a divorce are the lawyers. The worst mistake people make when they divorce is dragging it out thinking they will "get" the ex-spouse somehow. Ka-ching! The best thing to do is get rid of the emotions and think about what is a fair deal. Then take it. Don't quibble over a few dollars trying to piss off the ex. Just settle on a reasonable deal as quickly as possible and get out. Start your new life with as little baggage as possible. I know a bunch of people who thought they were going to put the screws to the ex and all they did was run up huge legal bills they had to pay.

In the US, most states have pretty cut and dry divorce laws. The alimony and division of assets is a calculation. I don't necessarily agree with how it is done, but it is what the judges go by. If it boring for them. Of course where there are kids involved it gets a lot more complicated. In that case think of what is best for them. Good luck with the new job and the divorce.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
The only people who win in a divorce are the lawyers. The worst mistake people make when they divorce is dragging it out thinking they will "get" the ex-spouse somehow. Ka-ching! The best thing to do is get rid of the emotions and think about what is a fair deal. Then take it. Don't quibble over a few dollars trying to piss off the ex. Just settle on a reasonable deal as quickly as possible and get out. Start your new life with as little baggage as possible. I know a bunch of people who thought they were going to put the screws to the ex and all they did was run up huge legal bills they had to pay.

In the US, most states have pretty cut and dry divorce laws. The alimony and division of assets is a calculation. I don't necessarily agree with how it is done, but it is what the judges go by. If it boring for them. Of course where there are kids involved it gets a lot more complicated. In that case think of what is best for them. Good luck with the new job and the divorce.
This is a great post and great advice. My wife and her ex did exactly what you described and it worked out for all of us. He's remarried now and all of us get along really well. He even came to our wedding and gave us a gift. I do know that it's not possible for everyone though. Some people are a money-grubbing POS and the kids can be a huge factor.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll give you one that still spins my mind. We had these two couples in our group when we lived in Baton Rouge. We'd all get together and my wife kept telling me something's going on and let me admit something here, I am a miss the obvious guy because I don't pay attention because I don't care enough to. I am that "last to know" guy. Well, she was right and there was an affair going on but that wasn't enough. The other husband and wife decided to do a hookup as payback and fell for each other. Long story short (see I can do that just don't like to), both couples got divorced and married each other and to make it even crazier, they're all great friends, go on vacations together and the families get together for the holidays and both are still married after 35 years. They should make a Hallmark or Lifetime movie about them.

Both had married young, as I did at 20, and that's more infatuation with each other and the idea of marriage and lust than soulmate love. That real love grows or it doesn't, soulmate love develops or it doesn't. I was one of the lucky ones, really lucky ones. When adversity struck, we were the first person each turned to and that builds a bond that can only be broken through death. I was the lucky one in the relationship as I got a lot better than I deserved.

The downside is when you lose them, you don't just lose your mate, you lose your best friend and I can't tell you which is the worst.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I worked as a custodian of an office building when I was in HS. I enjoyed it, most people were very nice. A few snobs, but you get that every where. I used to give the athletic area custodian and my secretary $500 every Christmas. Good honest work.

So far everyone I've dealt with at the school board has been kind humans. They go at it slow before I start. Health and Safety training and job training.