Starting to think Safety X Woods will be replaced

Loso86

Reaction score
If he can't beat out those guys then he doesn't deserve a spot anyway.
Jefferson is actually a really good player when healthy heck of a ss. And haha is much better at the fs. So I would expect him to lose that battle especially being drafted where he was

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Cowboys have already signed Clinton Dix who can play FS/SS but likely fits more at FS. I’ve read on Twitter that they were in on SS Vonn Bell before he went to the Bengals. Now reading they’re interested in SS Tony Jefferson and SS Morgan Burnett. If one of those guys are signed does Woods become our 3rd Safety/Special Teams? Trade bait?
This might be.

I expect them to sign a SS and a CB with their first two picks.

They have addressed the DL heavily already.

You would think they would wait on letting Woods being released or traded.

Rookies as we know get lost in the first year. The only one that didn't was Wolf Hunter.

So we will have to see where the cookie crumbles.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Woods is the same height and 9 lbs less than Jefferson. He can play the position. They aren't all 215-220 lbs
Nope. Totally disagree. It's obvious this coaching staff feels the same way if they've been looking for other veteran strong safeties to pick up if possible.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. Totally disagree. It's obvious this coaching staff feels the same way if they've been looking for other veteran strong safeties to pick up if possible.
Internet rumors/reports are a dime a dozen. Until I see something more concrete it's just as likely a ploy to suck in readers. Even if they are looking, that doesn't necessarily mean it's because of his size. I'm not sure either Burnett or Jefferson is as good as Woods anyway, which isn't to say Woods is special, but rather to say they are not.

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
HaHa is vet insurance the same way Iloka was last year. His spot is up for grabs way more than Woods' is.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He just flat out stinks.

Expecting much more than a backup and ST contributor in round six is a reach, but this team very much wants to tell themselves they draft better than anyone.

Overeating their own continues to be a problem.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He just flat out stinks.

Expecting much more than a backup and ST contributor in round six is a reach, but this team very much wants to tell themselves they draft better than anyone.

Overeating their own continues to be a problem.
Overeating?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Cowboys have already signed Clinton Dix who can play FS/SS but likely fits more at FS. I’ve read on Twitter that they were in on SS Vonn Bell before he went to the Bengals. Now reading they’re interested in SS Tony Jefferson and SS Morgan Burnett. If one of those guys are signed does Woods become our 3rd Safety/Special Teams? Trade bait?
Woods Is also interchangeable. Who is also a better for closer to the Los to defend the run. So signing dix is a good fit for the team

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe you heard the same radio mention that I did the other day they said that one of the coaches mentioned that they had looked at Woods in that spot. Nothing confirmed. No plans to do it. They simply had discussed it
Woods was the "starting" Nickel CB in the final 3rd of his rookie season...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
According to.........
@ProFootball411 (Twitter)
“Safety Vonn Bell we are told was down to #Bengals and #Cowboys he wanted to play in the South where he played college ball with #OhioState Buckeyes”

Not sure how legit their info is or who their “sources are”. However, they’ve definitely hit on their predictions of some other signings around the league.

If the "source" doesn't know Ohio State is not in the South, then I'm not believing anything he/she says. :laugh:

Verdict

Reaction score
We should upgrade over him. He is vastly over rated on this board.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Woods seems a poor fit at SS. Signing Dix was pretty well saying Woods is viewed as a short timer. Now they're looking for the cheap bridge SS. 3 short timers, so very likely we draft a S high too, further cutting Woods' snap count.

Woods may drop to 4th on the depth chart.

I remember when they were hyping Woods as our next "break out" player. Good times.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woods seems a poor fit at SS. Signing Dix was pretty well saying Woods is viewed as a short timer. Now they're looking for the cheap bridge SS. 3 short timers, so very likely we draft a S high too, further cutting Woods' snap count.

Woods may drop to 4th on the depth chart.

I remember when they were hyping Woods as our next "break out" player. Good times.
I don’t see the logic on this. Why can’t it be the team believes Woods can play either SS or FS, or even that he may be better at SS?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don’t see the logic on this. Why can’t it be the team believes Woods can play either SS or FS, or even that he may be better at SS?

Why are they busy looking at SSs now if they like Woods at SS?
Why didn't they let Heath play FS, which is his natural position, if they thought Woods was better at SS?
Woods is listed as 202, 5-11. Seems on the small side for SS.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I honestly don't know what's wrong with some of the posters here. Xman Woods is a solid safety. I welcome the competition for his job. He will win in the end.