Twitter: Statement from Vegas Police regarding Zeke's incident

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Thanks Hawk. Sounds like much ado about nothing. I got pisssed last night and shoved my dog. Good thing the SPCA weren't around with their tazers

LOL.......

BTW......those saying it Zeke appears to be drunk are wrong. Think about it, no way in hell police releases him if they felt he was impaired. At a min, they'd lock him overnight and release him the next morning.

Wood

Reaction score
I have to ask, would you pay this guy the same amount of money for a contract extension today, as you would have yesterday? It seems Zeke has a problem keeping his hands to himself. No control. How long before he is suspended for a year or more?

No. There have been warning signs all along. Thats why idea of contract extensions after only 1 year of no incidents was short-sighted. I would just get 5 years out of him (franchise him 6th year if they must) then cut him loose. Can't have franchise handcuffed (no pun intended) by immature player.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
A problem with what, being 23 and having fun?

He didn't do anything here, we're only talking about it because it's Zeke.

Well... this may be true or not, hard to say without actually knowing the circumstances but in general, the truth is that we aren't Zeke and TMZ doesn't care if we get arrested right? On the other hand, I'm guessing that the overwhelming majority of us aren't on TV, every Sunday for four months. We don't get paid several million dollars to play football and we can't afford to pay a posse to follow us around and take the blame for whatever or lawyers to get us out of whatever jam. There is a bit of a balancing out that goes on, so to speak.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It was minor, but he did do something. He got drunk, got in a security guards face and forced him back against a gate making him fall down. As the guy is going down you can clearly see he put a shoulder into him. Not a big deal for an average Joe, but Zeke is not an average Joe. He needs to be smarter than that. Nothing wrong with going out and getting your drink on, but if you're the kind of drinker that gets aggressive and always thinks somebody said something to you, or looked at you wrong, bumped you, or did something else that triggers you, and you're an NFL player, stay your butt at home. I know plenty of people like that. As soon as they get to a certain level of drunk, they're looking for somebody to fight. Doesn't matter who or why.

This is simply not true.........you honestly think the police would have released a "drunk" person at 3:00 am after a physical altercation? In fact, who to says Zeke was even drinking?

aria

Reaction score
LOL.......

BTW......those saying it Zeke appears to be drunk are wrong. Think about it, no way in hell police releases him if they felt he was impaired. At a min, they'd lock him overnight and release him the next morning.
100% false. It’s at PD’s discretion, I’ve witnessed police release drunk people several times.

Birdgang

Reaction score
This is simply not true.........you honestly think the police would have released a "drunk" person at 3:00 am after a physical altercation? In fact, who to says Zeke was even drinking?

He is not just anybody. He is a somebody and a very big celebrity. Granted its minor incident, but Zeke seems to always have these types of problems where he goes. Hell tons of people here were ready to crucify Bennett over allegations a year old and no video evidence of something similar. Zeke needs to be smart, he has a target on his back. I want to play Cowboys full strength , last 2 season we have not had that, as either team had key players missing here or there.

UpNorth

Reaction score
Another case of a famous person skating after committing a crime. It's discouraging