Steelers Defense is amazing to watch

DallasDomination

Reaction score
WOW!!!:eek:

That is what a defense looks like. I enjoy just watching them play. I hope one day Our defense can play even half this good.

Much respect to the steelers Coaching staff and players. Wade should put this tape for our defense so they can see how soft and pathetic they really are.

wick

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2398491 said:
WOW!!!:eek:

That is what a defense looks like. I enjoy just watching them play. I hope one day Our defense can play even half this good.

Much respect to the steelers Coaching staff and players. Wade should put this tape for our defense so they can see how soft and pathetic they really are.

I was just going to post the same thing. What exactly are we missing to have this kind of defense? I'm not an Xs and Os guy, but the Steelers are aggressive and smart where we are passive and dumb.

DTK

Reaction score
One of the many differences between our defense and there defense is team speed. Their LB's can all run. Our defense is the bigger version of the 3-4 and one that was successful in the 80's. But I believe that in today's game you must have speed. This is not the 1980's NFC East.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I see guys flying full speed left and right. everybody is aware of what's going on and react to the play so fast it's amazing. Our Defense is super super passive and just lets the play unfold before they even do anything. Nobody anticipates anything, nobody blows up lanes. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I want a refund:mad:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398501 said:
we had 4 sacks against the Giants!
And they had 0.

The only thing they have that I wish we had was a healthy secondary and some consistency.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
the only thing that flies on our defense is the opponents offense.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2398553 said:
And they had 0.

The only thing they have that I wish we had was a healthy secondary and some consistency.

I wish we had great team-speed on D and a dominating Dline

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398567 said:
I wish we had great team-speed on D and a dominating Dline
Before this game they had 2 combined sacks on their defensive line.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2398583 said:
Before this game they had 2 combined sacks on their defensive line.

they're #1 against the rush

they open thing up for their LBs

are you actually arguing that both Ds are on the same level?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I just wish we played more aggressively defensively like they do. That could possibly help us out in that regard.

They do have a couple players I wouldn't be upset with having though.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Best linebacker corps in the entire league, and it ain't close.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398597 said:
they're #1 against the rush

they open thing up for their LBs

are you actually arguing that both Ds are on the same level?
#3 against the run, according to NFL.com. That's a nice feather in their cap, but that combined with 2 sacks is far from dominating.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2398610 said:
#3 against the run, according to NFL.com. That's a nice feather in their cap, but that combined with 2 sacks is far from dominating.

yeah, about the same as us...

no problems, we're fine on the line...

you seriously don't know who Casey Hampton and Aaron Smith are

and measuring a 3-4 Dline's worth by the amount of sacks *tisk* *tisk*

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
like i said in another thread the steelers D is smarter, more ferocious, and play amazing as a unit! and not to forget they are much better coached than ours is. Lebeau does as much with his talent than any defensive coach in the NFL. not trying to say they are not very talented cause they have some studs but nobody can come out and say that they are the most talented defense in the NFL. Lebeau plays all of his players up to their strengths and has them very well disciplined. I would kill to have him here as our DC with obviously a new head coach as well

yimyammer

Reaction score
watching them play with so much intensity just makes me that much more disgusted with how our team plays. Beside their QB, what big free agents have they signed?

If they don't speak for the value of good coaching, talent development, acquisition & scouting, I dont know what does.

Jerry at the helm again has just about squashed all the hope I have for this teams future, now I'm left hoping that Jerry has an awakening or were doomed to his fantasy football approach until he's 6 feet under. Gawd our team frustrates me to no end

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398615 said:
yeah, about the same as us...

no problems, we're fine on the line...

you seriously don't know who Casey Hampton and Aaron Smith are

and measuring a 3-4 Dline's worth by the amount of sacks *tisk* *tisk*
Are you replying to the wrong person?

I think you're confused again.

dallas2G

Reaction score
As the saying goes...the team takes the personality of their head coach.....slow...passive...soft. :bang2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2398645 said:
Are you replying to the wrong person?

I think you're confused again.

I'm replying to you seriously underrating the Pitt Dline

you point to how each played against the Giants as some sort of validation

how about against the Commanders? they had 7 sacks and shut down Portis, we had 1 sack and got ran over by him

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398653 said:
I'm replying to you seriously underrating the Pitt Dline
If our line had 2 sacks, people would complain to no end.