Steelers new starting QB: Mitchell Trubisky

Motorola

Reaction score
Gotta see who's actually going to be on the teams. But I'll bet their records are pretty similar.
Could be. The teams' 2021 records were not that far off... instead of Pittsburgh getting that tie, a win would have them at 10-7 versus Dallas' 12-5.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Could be. The teams' 2021 records were not that far off... instead of Pittsburgh getting that tie, a win would have them at 10-7 versus Dallas' 12-5.

They are really well coached and at least in 2021 had a good core with a limited QB. They still have a limited QB so that hasn't changed so as long as they don't jettison their good players they should be ok.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Now watch the Steelers turn Trubisky into an all pro.
Well, ok, they won't.
that is a possibility, they could make him better and use his running ability more.
Ben could not run at all, so this gives steelers a whole new option on offense.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Would you rather have Trubisky for 10 mil a season or Dak for 40 mil a season. Trubisky did beat Dallas bad when he was in Chicago.
If the team spent the other 30 on a true NT and a DE. Give me Mitch for 10.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I saw every home game trubisky played in college. Yes I think he is better than Dak.

You either haven’t seen him play in the NFL or think every QB is better than Dak. The Steelers are Trubisky’s third team. He’s what’s known as a journeyman. He’s never passed for more than 3200 yards and 24 TDs in a season. His career passer rating is 87.0 and you think he’s better than Dak? lol

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
You either haven’t seen him play in the NFL or think every QB is better than Dak. The Steelers are Trubisky’s third team. He’s what’s known as a journeyman. He’s never passed for more than 3200 yards and 24 TDs in a season. His career passer rating is 87.0 and you think he’s better than Dak? lol
Remind me of the draft year Dak was considered to be a first round pick. Never was. Know why? His pre draft knocks still exist. Hold ball too long. Can't find open wr. Accuracy concerns. Struggled with reading defenses. Struggled with getting through progressions. At least Mitch possessed the traits of a successful QB. First round second overall traits. Dak never did and still doesn't.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Remind me of the draft year Dak was considered to be a first round pick. Never was. Know why? His pre draft knocks still exist. Hold ball too long. Can't find open wr. Accuracy concerns. Struggled with reading defenses. Struggled with getting through progressions. At least Mitch possessed the traits of a successful QB. First round second overall traits. Dak never did and still doesn't.

Show me where Dak was considered a first round draft pick? He was never rated that high coming out of college. Mitch Trubisky had a first round grade coming out of college but was a complete reach at number 2 overall. He went ahead of Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. :laugh: He was a bust for the Bears. He ended up on the bench and was cut. Chicago had to burn another first round pick on a QB. A lot of successful college QBs don’t become successful NFL QBs. Trubisky hasn’t panned out and is bouncing around the league. You need to spend more time watching NFL football.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Show me where Dak was considered a first round draft pick? He was never rated that high coming out of college. Mitch Trubisky had a first round grade coming out of college but was a complete reach at number 2 overall. He went ahead of Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. :laugh: He was a bust for the Bears. He ended up on the bench and was cut. Chicago had to burn another first round pick on a QB. A lot of successful college QBs don’t become successful NFL QBs. Trubisky hasn’t panned out and is bouncing around the league. You need to spend more time watching NFL football.
And 4 is still not that guy. Not rated. And not worth a crap. Your puns don't work. I have more actual coaching and playing knowledge than you could ever fathom. Know why he was drafted 3 rounds ahead of ur beloved sorry A** dak? Bc he can throw a football. Run faster than Dak. Read defense. And get rid of the ball. Is he Peyton Manning. Nope. But Dak sux dude. Dallas wouldn't be any better or worse with Mitch. And I have forgotten more about football than you will ever know. Just because u love the Dakota, Im sorry he sux. Period. Cash in ur chips. Show me someone who actually believes Dak can win a playoff game. On this board not named Ranchero cheerio. Mitch would have won a game in the playoffs last year in Dallas. Dak will never win a playoff game. He will end his career like 1-8 in the playoffs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And 4 is still not that guy. Not rated. And not worth a crap. Your puns don't work. I have more actual coaching and playing knowledge than you could ever fathom. Know why he was drafted 3 rounds ahead of ur beloved sorry A** dak? Bc he can throw a football. Run faster than Dak. Read defense. And get rid of the ball. Is he Peyton Manning. Nope. But Dak sux dude. Dallas wouldn't be any better or worse with Mitch. And I have forgotten more about football than you will ever know. Just because u love the Dakota, Im sorry he sux. Period. Cash in ur chips. Show me someone who actually believes Dak can win a playoff game. On this board not named Ranchero cheerio. Mitch would have won a game in the playoffs last year in Dallas. Dak will never win a playoff game. He will end his career like 1-8 in the playoffs.

Your insight into the game of football is beyond hilarious. :laugh: I get it you don’t like Dak. Anyone but Dak for you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Mitch would have won a game in the playoffs last year in Dallas. Dak will never win a playoff game. He will end his career like 1-8 in the playoffs.

Mitch Trubisky would have won a playoff game with the Cowboys last season? :laugh::laugh: No one wanted him as their starter last season, he was stuck having to be a backup in Buffalo where he knew he wouldn’t get any opportunity. The only reason he’s going to get an opportunity with the Steelers is because Roethlisberger retired and they don’t have a QB. He still may not end up being their starter next season.

Flamma

Reaction score
You sound like a typical casual uninformed fan who can’t be taken seriously if you really believe that.

People get frustrated when a highly paid offense isn't that good unless they play backups or otherwise trash teams. Naturally the QB is going to take all of the credit and all of the blame.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
People get frustrated when a highly paid offense isn't that good unless they play backups or otherwise trash teams. Naturally the QB is going to take all of the credit and all of the blame.

We had the number one offense last season. The previous season we had the number one offense until Dak got injured. Dak set A franchise record with 37 TD passes and he had a career high 68.1 completion percentage. There’s a knucklehead claiming he’s not even an average QB. I understand fans being frustrated but that’s just being stupid. There’s a couple of fans spinning the Cowboys would be a better team with Mayfield or Trubisky. Can’t believe anyone could be that ridiculous.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I saw every home game trubisky played in college. Yes I think he is better than Dak.

The NFL isn't college.

In case you haven't noticed.

As far as Trubiisky being better than Dak, he had one year, 2018, in which he was 11-3. However the Bears that year had the no. 3 rated defense, led the league in rushing yards allowed and was 7th in passing yards allowed. And Trubisky lost the playoff game. Also lost the playoff game the next year.

If he's better than Dak, in the NFL, he hasn't proved it....