Steelers place Ryan Shazier on PUP list, ending his 2019 season

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's a shame, but I sadly think that Shazier may need to retire. There are things more important than football, and it looks to me like he's still struggling with his health. Either that, or he needs to go to Europe for treatment like Peyton Manning did.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It's a shame, but I sadly think that Shazier may need to retire. There are things more important than football, and it looks to me like he's still struggling with his health. Either that, or he needs to go to Europe for treatment like Peyton Manning did.
Last time I saw him he could barely walk....I hope he can improve enough to live a somewhat normal life.....but his NFL career is over I'm afraid.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I strongly hope that coaches show the film of what happened to Shazier to younger players. That's a prime example of what happens when you forget your tackling fundamentals.

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
I strongly hope that coaches show the film of what happened to Shazier to younger players. That's a prime example of what happens when you forget your tackling fundamentals.
This is 100% spot on.
I know in junior high and highschool they are preaching the rugby tackle.
Pete Carroll has been teaching this for 6 or so years now.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This is 100% spot on.
I know in junior high and highschool they are preaching the rugby tackle.
Pete Carroll has been teaching this for 6 or so years now.

I've been posting about the rugby style of tackling. It needs to be Taught more. The idea of tackling is to get the player to the ground. Not hurt him. Do that, and you're just as at risk to get hurt.