Twitter: Steelers release JJ Wilcox

eternaljester81

Reaction score

We need safety help and he knows the system. He was showing a decent amount of improvement here before leaving for free agency. May be worth a look on cheap deal.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cowboys say they need a FS, so JJ may not fit n to their plans. Plus, DAL can do better w/ guys already on th market. At th same time, I wouldn't have a fit if they signed him.

Jipper

Reaction score
taht ship has sailed, and it sunk...not coming back here....

Verdammung

Reaction score
I've already forgotten, how was he in special teams? It's evident, barring a trade for a certain veteran safety, that we're letting the young guys fight it out for starters, so the depth we'll be looking for will be depth that can play ST.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

We need safety help and he knows the system. He was showing a decent amount of improvement here before leaving for free agency. May be worth a look on cheap deal.

Works for depth but he's still a SS in my book. When Church went down with the broken wrist, Wilcox replaced him. I see more value in a FS type. There aren't many of those FA safeties available though. One thing we do have in the hole is Byron Jones who can play FS if there is an injury. Pretty good depth and flexibility at DB overall really. I think Chidobe could play FS in a pinch. Could we use a safety so that doesn't have to happen? Yes. Panic time? No

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t generally like our own retreads, but we need another young player at that position from somewhere. Even if we upgrade him a week later.