Twitter: Steelers release JJ Wilcox

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yucky icky... let him wander the Earth and learn Kung **.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

We need safety help and he knows the system. He was showing a decent amount of improvement here before leaving for free agency. May be worth a look on cheap deal.

JJ Wilcox is horrible. But he is better than Heath. STill I would want neither of them. And yah, its sad when guys are wanting scrubs like Wilcox back.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He wouldn't be horrible for training camp depth if there were injuries you want some experience in the backup.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Man it only takes other teams a couple of monthes or a year max to figure out he's junky. It took us 3 I think.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
nope1.gif

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
He was my pet cat from the 2013 draft, thought he could develop, but in the end, we wasted developmental snaps on him for 4 years (that could've been used on Heath). I hate saying "he sucks" about a player, especially a former pet cat (egg on my face), but JJ Wilcox sucks.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
His scheduled salary was 3.125M which is likely why he was cut.
For a veterans minimum deal, he would be OK.

He was having his best season for us in his last year. It got him paid. If we get him back cheap, great.

I don't know who people think we're getting instead. Free agency and the draft are over. There will be cap casualties and cuts in July/August, but there's not a lot still out there.

Take him in cheap with a small bonus, and if something better comes along, take that. But turning up noses at a decent player now makes little sense.

And for a cover your *** pickup to for a year, a guy with years of experience here is ideal.

DanA

Reaction score
He's good enough to make the 53, especially with only three real safeties.

If it's for veteran minimum I'd bring him back, but to me he sits behind the three safeties we have, and I'm really only looking for him to pad out the special teams and play a backup/cover role. He's too good to be sitting on the street, not good enough to throw significant money at.