Stefon Diggs signs new deal

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The WR deals are getting crazy. It's so typical of the Cowboys to way overpay for a WR, making him the highest paid in the leagure, and then dump him once the market has finally made his contract seem reasonable. The current league strategy is flawed. Every contracts can't be next man up. You can't constantly be resetting the market each year.

While I agree with your drafting theory, that only works if you actually get something back for them via trade. This organization doesn't know how to get any value in their assets. The Cowboys are become a farm system for the NFL.

I agree they have a completely wrong approach for extensions. Like the KC's of the world you find out a year before the contract is up how reasonable the WR or player is going to be at resigning. If its too crazy, you trade them while under contract so you can get top picks for them. You dont wait until that are overpaid or already a FA and compete with the rest of the league.

Stupid, just stupid. Another reason why its hard to compete with the better run organizations in the NFL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
17 games though. Only 2 games over 100 yards. 9th in receptions. Just got a massive payday. I think it is safe to say that you either need to draft well, or plan on paying your WR 20+ million a year.

There are so many skilled WR's coming out of college now and they are making big first year impacts. Just keep drafting them. Not in the first round.

Flamma

Reaction score
I may not be remembering it right, but I thought that year was supposed to be deep at the position but not strong at the top. That's why we got Gallup in the third round and Wilson in the sixth.

Oh damn. I do recall that now. Deep at the position, but few worth a 1st. As time passed I only remembered that last part.