Stephen A: Jason Garrett's Gone in 2020. Welcome in Sean Payton or Lincoln Riley

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well, I'm not mad. No reason to be. If people want to disagree with my assertion that we should acquiesce to the wisdom of people with medical backgrounds and with actual access to medical records who can advise Cowboys HQ, that's their choice. I'm not inclined to think I'm the one who should be harboring any ill feelings, confident that I'm on solid ground.

But to the point, your name... or anyone else's here... carries more weight with me than what a sports Kardashian thinks.

And yet, we don't typically make a big deal like that out of what any given person here thinks.

I gave you a "like" for all that verbal maneuvering . . . impressive and well conceived, indeed! :)

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think the Lincoln Riley hype is so overblown, I wouldn’t want to take a chance on him. On the other hand, outside of Payton I’m not sure any well established coach would want to come here and deal with Jerry’s shenanigans. Payton may not either unless he lays down the law, he’s as much as a control freak as Jerry but much more qualified to make those decisions.
Richard.

He has been here going on 2 years and can run the defense as HC.

He is not going to have a staff to hire as he will have one already under contract.

It's a perfect scenario and the team will respond to him.

Book it.

It's the reason he is here.

:thumbup:

JayFord

Reaction score
It should be super bowl or bust

Slim been a coach here in some way shape or form since 2007 and hasn’t sniffed the nfc title game

_sturt_

Reaction score
https://thebiglead.com/2019/03/19/stephen-a-smith-mike-scioscia/

Funny stuff...

Stephen A. Smith has been goofing up football stuff recently. People have noticed. Because of that, people have been on heightened watch for the next gaffe. And those will happen when you eat up airtime like Pac-Man.

Discussing Mike Trout’s enormous contract today, Smith wondered what impact it would have on Mike Scioscia, who no longer manages the Los Angeles Angels.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why would this franchise hire a fired leftover coach. Especially someone who's been horrible as of late give me a young new startup trying to make his name from self someone with the Innovation please. The 2-minute offense coach . Only way your to get that is with experience though. It's a dilemma

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This was reported from several outlets.

But since he re-signed with the Saints, that tells me his understanding is that Payton is staying put.

I took it to mean he simply got a better one year deal from the Saints.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The most interesting take was.."Dallas is a complete team."

Why anyone gives this clown the time of day is beyond me. Don’t you know he’s a hack? Pokes Cowboy fans like yourself to get a reaction?

dfense

Reaction score
Seriously, who cares what dribbles out of this guys pie hole? My Mom knows as much about the Cowboys future as Steven A.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sorry, but he is right. This team will not make it to conference playoff game, just poorly coached and not motivated beyond individual talent.

He and you are entitled to your views. In the end you may be right but I'm for him to get the job done. I don't pull against the Cowboys period, Garrett is the HC and his success or failure will be the Cowboys success or failure so for me right now only HC I have any loyalty to is Garrett not some HC who may or may not be here in the future. Fact is no matter which HC may be hired in the future you will have many who will just call the next guy a puppet of Jerry. I have truly grown tired of the critics here.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
He and you are entitled to your views. In the end you may be right but I'm for him to get the job done. I don't pull against the Cowboys period, Garrett is the HC and his success or failure will be the Cowboys success or failure so for me right now only HC I have any loyalty to is Garrett not some HC who may or may not be here in the future. Fact is no matter which HC may be hired in the future you will have many who will just call the next guy a puppet of Jerry. I have truly grown tired of the critics here.
Well I understand where you are coming from. That is my opinion like you said based in reality, but I want nothing more than for the Cowboys to go to the Superbowl and win it, WITH or without Jason Garrett. I just don't think this team is well coached enough to play like a Superbowl team.
As far as critics go, your gonna have that after a quarter century gone by without a Superbowl

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well I understand where you are coming from. That is my opinion like you said based in reality, but I want nothing more than for the Cowboys to go to the Superbowl and win it, WITH or without Jason Garrett. I just don't think this team is well coached enough to play like a Superbowl team.
As far as critics go, your gonna have that after a quarter century gone by without a Superbowl

I have watched good coaches fail many times before winning it all and some who are still trying like Andy Reid, I think he is a good HC capable of taking a team to the SB and winning it but has yet to do it but in my view does not mean he can't. I can't say if that will or will not happen all I can say is I support Garrett, this does not mean I will agree with every move or every call made in a game but I know this team and these players will fight for him and will not quit on him.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Jerry is the biggest impediment to this team ever returning to the Super Bowl, so it doesn't matter if they keep Garrett or not, really.

Jerry could hire Vince Lombardi-Belichick and we'd still be happy with a playoff win or 2 because his incomptence has lowered expectations to that degree.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Listen what this guy was saying about Luka Doncic before the NBA draft.

Now ask yourself if you really want to take this guy seriously .

I mean every player drafted is suspect until they prove their worth. I thought Doncic was overhyped, shoot I think over half the players getting drafted in the top 10 is overhyped. Typically You don't get drafted in the top10 without hype.