Twitter: Stephen confirms contacting Dolphins about Minkah Fitzpatrick

Gaede

Reaction score
Tunsil garnered 2 firsts. Fitpatrick isn't being had for less than a 1st. If I were Dallas, I would absolutely offer a 1st and 4th. He's better than anyone that will be available when they draft in 2020 (unless the wheels come off), and Fitz still has this year and then 2+1 years left on his rookie deal (the 1 being the 5th year option). Woods and Fitzpatrick is an immediate upgrade. Heath can be a part-time player and dedicated fully to ST. Wilson can develop. There'd be no reason not to do this if the asking prices is <1 1st+3rd.
Me too. All-in!

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Awesome news. This Front Office may be hesitant to splurge in free agency, but they've shown a willingness to get better via trade recently.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is a CB, does Dallas want to add another one? If you are looking for that Safety, might be disappointed.
The best fit for the Cowboy would be at CB for next year.

Both Byron Jones and Brown are free agents after the season.

Jones would be super expensive if he has a decent year. Probably 16M per minimum.

Even Brown will get a significant contract. He can start full time.

The Cowboys do love position flex just in case they need him at FS.

He obviously does not want to play SS based on direct quotes from him.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The best fit for the Cowboy would be at CB for next year.

Both Byron Jones and Brown are free agents after the season.

Jones would be super expensive if he has a decent year. Probably 16M per minimum.

Even Brown will get a significant contract. He can start full time.

The Cowboys do love position flex just in case they need him at FS.

He obviously does not want to play SS based on direct quotes from him.

Yea, I already stated those in a few posts after that :thumbup:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Now this is officially interesting. Minkah is 6'1" and fits Richard's profile.

Indeed, I think Richard might be on the next conversation, and this could be a move that is enormous for our chances at winning the Super Bowl. Question, if we did trade for him today, would he be eligible to play Sunday?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes but it kinda sounds like Dolphins called them rather than the other way around, which would be interesting if true.

If the Dolphins did, I would like to know what they asked for. If it's Taco they want and a draft pick, we should be all ears.

SWHawk

Reaction score
Fake account, should have double checked before posting.

Heath is in his final year and this kid is cheap for the next few, so it makes a ton of sense. As previously said, he has the type of build that Richard likes.

I heard David Helman at dallascowboys.com say this morning, he'd gladly give up a 1st and 3rd (or 4th) rounder to get this guy. Get this done Cowboys!

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Indeed, I think Richard might be on the next conversation, and this could be a move that is enormous for our chances at winning the Super Bowl. Question, if we did trade for him today, would he be eligible to play Sunday?

He has to be on the roster Saturday at 3 pm EST I think , if he is, he can play, if not, then he can't. That's why AB didn't suit up Sunday, he wasn't on the official roster on Saturday.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tunsil garnered 2 firsts. Fitpatrick isn't being had for less than a 1st. If I were Dallas, I would absolutely offer a 1st and 4th. He's better than anyone that will be available when they draft in 2020 (unless the wheels come off), and Fitz still has this year and then 2+1 years left on his rookie deal (the 1 being the 5th year option). Woods and Fitzpatrick is an immediate upgrade. Heath can be a part-time player and dedicated fully to ST. Wilson can develop. There'd be no reason not to do this if the asking prices is <1 1st+3rd.

There is only one Texans team...

The Texans don't have a full time GM. They are working with a GM by committee. Seriously.

The Texans basically gave Clowney away to the Seahawks.

They basically got a 3rd for Clowney.

The Seahawks:

Traded DE Frank Clark for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Traded a 3rd to the Texans for Clowney.