Twitter: Stephen discuss LVE's 5th yr option "After the draft"

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
There was never a need to discuss it until after the draft. I doubt they commit themselves to that 5th year at this time considering his health issues of late. If he has a great season they can always tag him for 2022 or just give him a new contract at the end of the season.
Exactly

lk8701

Reaction score
Dude was getting Urlacher comparisons his rookie year.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Or in other words, "if we draft Parsons then there will be no discussions..." Not sure if they play similar position.
I don’t think there’s any way they’re dumb enough to extend him unless the guy returns to his rookie season form. If we get Browning or Davis or Bolten he’s gone.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Jeez, does Stephen go on the radio every day? It seems like every day he is saying something on the radio.
103.3 is the Cowboys radio partner for games. Part of their contract is that they make Stephen available for a regular, recurring segment and then he also comes on at various other times

It’s business. The coach has a similar agreement

the Ticket has a similar arrangement with the Stars

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
H-m-m -- interesting. It seems our gallant FO leaders might have a plan to draft a LB (or two) and say "Vaya con Dios" to LVE. :omg:

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
So basically if we don't find a LB in the 3rd or 4th round that we like, we'll pick up LVE's option.

LOL.

He counts only 1.8% against the cap, less than $4 mil. I think Jerry and Stephen are looking for a linebacker, but since the draft is so uncertain it's best to wait on the decision....

HungryLion

Reaction score
They aren’t going to pick up his option. This is just Stephen lip service.

Rayman70

Reaction score
LVE is a trade piece I think if we draft 2 good solid linebackers. Waiting to do anything with him is smart.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
There is no way he should be getting an option. Sign him to a reasonable 2 year show me something deal or try again. Some day we need to stop paying out 10 million per year for players who provide very little. It is a serious problem IMHO.

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah, why have deep discussions on a football player after the season is over? Stephen has more important things to do...... they have a 250M yacht and so little time to use it. Cowboy fans are just selfish.

Or they are simply focused on the draft?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Stephen didnt discuss anything. I listened to it live as it was happening. Im in Texas. He was very vague.