Twitter: Stephen discuss LVE's 5th yr option "After the draft"

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I mean, you don't really need the draft to decide to pay a guy 9.2mil who has a neck condition and had various other injuries impacting his play.

Plus his play has been average to terrible the last couple seasons.

John813

Reaction score
Plus his play has been average to terrible the last couple seasons.

Unfortunately he looks like an one hit wonder.

I want to believe he can repeat that 2018 season but it's a mental block now(when he is "healthy").

cffl2323

Reaction score
There is a little bit more of decision to be made than just "he sucks/he's hurt a lot, don't pick up the option". From what I understand if we pick up his 5th year option it's a little over 9M, but if he does indeed have a stellar year, then the cost to franchise tag him would be a little over 15M. So if they believe in him, then save the 6M and pick up the 5th year. Like Stephen said, the wise move is to see what happens in the draft obviously. I agree with a previous poster that said they likely already have a good idea of what they'll do in each scenario, whether they get a LB early or not. I think it's a pretty tough call, since he's shown the ability to worth 9M+ but also possibly not being worth a contract at all.

I'm no cap guru, so those salaries are based off some quick googling.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Unfortunately he looks like an one hit wonder.

I want to believe he can repeat that 2018 season but it's a mental block now(when he is "healthy").
I think Jaylon Smith’s Hollywood attitude rubbed off on LVE. Ruined him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or they are simply focused on the draft?

The fact they haven't had a discussion on LVE prior to the draft is almost laughable. Do we draft a LB? Do we rely on LVE? If we want him, do we let him play out the year and risk losing him......... having not addressed the position in the draft?

Do I have to walk you through more of this? We have the dumbest FO in the NFL for 25 years running.

CWR

Reaction score
The fact they haven't had a discussion on LVE prior to the draft is almost laughable. Do we draft a LB? Do we rely on LVE? If we want him, do we let him play out the year and risk losing him......... having not addressed the position in the draft?

Do I have to walk you through more of this? We have the dumbest FO in the NFL for 25 years running.

You got your panties in a wad over nothing. To think its never been discussed is naive. They haven't gone into detail because they have the draft to focus on, which is exactly where they should be focused. Additionally the draft may change how necessary LVE is, as well as after the draft free agency.

Anyone with a brain can see they aren't sold on him. Otherwise we'd already know the option was coming. Some of yall cry just to cry.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You got your panties in a wad over nothing. To think its never been discussed is naive. They haven't gone into detail because they have the draft to focus on, which is exactly where they should be focused. Additionally the draft may change how necessary LVE is, as well as after the draft free agency.

Anyone with a brain can see they aren't sold on him. Otherwise we'd already know the option was coming. Some of yall cry just to cry.

I'm responding to a quote by Stephen Jones. I could care less what your take on the situation might be.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Just means LVE is gonna be in a contract year...I wouldn't pay him $9M either. Stephen's way of dodging the question he already knows the answer to.