Twitter: Stephen: Gilbert had a “hell of a day” But Andy Dalton will be Dallas’ starting QB

75boyz

Reaction score
Amen to that. You would think that the coach would have the last say in his starting QB.

But I think Mayor MacCheese was given credit as the one who sold Jerry/Stephen on bringing Dalton to Dallas. So he has gotta save face in that regard as well. But yeah, I know what you're saying, you'd still rather hear it come from the so called Head Coach. And not Coach Jerry or now Coach Stephen even, lol.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Stephen Jones on running a football team: "...so easy, a caveman can do it."

75boyz

Reaction score
"Hell of a day" with 55% completion % and 1 TD and 1 pick?

Lol. So true coach. I've been told by the swarm of paid Quarterback evaluators residing here that those numbers don't quite match up to elite statistical data points.
But if those numbers could be somehow shifted or altered in order to meet a personal agenda, then they could serve as empirical evidence of a quarterback meeting elite status.

At least that's what I'm told by the experts here.

Stephen is not following suit in this case, lol.

tm1119

Reaction score
The fact that the owners son is the 1 announcing this decision tells you all you need to know about the dysfunction of this franchise. We need a coach that will tell Stephen to go back to daddy and make his own decision if we ever want a chance at having a successful franchise

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Why? Dalton sucked. He was basically Brandon Weeden 2.0.

I’ll tell you why they’re going back to Dalton.. because they paid him a lot of money and by starting Gilbert, they’d be admitting how inept they are as a front office

Woah now, Dalton is a train wreck for sure, but Brandon Weeden bad?...no way. You can't disrespect the man like that.

jnday

Reaction score
Stephen’s comments are a good example of the culture in Dallas. The players can exceed expectations and play well, but it really doesn’t matter because the Jones family thinks that it would make the Dalton signing look bad. They are stubborn and have ego issues.

Brax

Reaction score
We used to win SBs in past eras. The Romo/Dak era is full of 8-8 seasons and playoff disapointments.
The Romo 2 Dak 1 era total 3 play off wins that's impressive and the sad state of Jerry the GM teams and poor contract decisions is wonderful too, expect more of the same.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You know Stephen and Jerry are excited about that Eagles loss. :muttley:

Dalton will get every opportunity to show how smart they are and win the division for them.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Why is the assistant general manager deciding who starts ? This insane dysfunction is why this team has sucked, sucks and will suck for the foreseeable future . The Jones’ running this team are football cancer .

Chuck 54

Reaction score
They know this team is going nowhere this year due to injuries where players are not coming back, along with poor roster evaluations, so they may not want to pull Dalton now and appear they are preventing him from reaching his incentives when he was signed to back up Dak. Now, if Dalton craps the bed in his return vs the Vikings, I think they will be comfortable playing Gilbert the next week.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They know this team is going nowhere this year due to injuries where players are not coming back, along with poor roster evaluations, so they may not want to pull Dalton now and appear they are preventing him from reaching his incentives when he was signed to back up Dak. Now, if Dalton craps the bed in his return vs the Vikings, I think they will be comfortable playing Gilbert the next week.
I dont think that is the case, dalton was not expected to ever see the field, no one thought dak would have a season ending injury.
So any incentives dalton has he was not expecting to do more than play 1 game maybe. and probably thought he would not play at all.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why is the assistant general manager deciding who starts ? This insane dysfunction is why this team has sucked, sucks and will suck for the foreseeable future . The Jones’ running this team are football cancer .
I think they decide on key positions who starts.
I noticed in every game amari gets the most targets, and I think that is something the jones boys also ordered.

It is funny because they could be HC if they wanted to be, but they just want to meddle in the coaching , it is quite insane.