Twitter: Stephen: Gilbert had a “hell of a day” But Andy Dalton will be Dallas’ starting QB

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
going into week 10 out of 17

It is 100 percent feasible that Dalton starts putting up 20+ points a game by the end of the season.

The defense is improving. They are not going to be a shut down defense, but with Dlaw, Gregory, and Smith, they might start more getting turnovers and sacks

special teams is showing improvement

nfc east is open
This is a fanbase of quitters.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
We can't make a run in the playoffs right now, but by the end of the season who knows. Injuries hurt other teams as well. You never know.

I just don't get it. Why root against them, when there is a clear path to the playoffs. Anything can happen.

not rooting against them. I’m a realist. There’s no run to be made with this team this year. If they did, great but there’s too many holes and injuries.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He played 1 full game in a Cowboys jersey and it was for 266.

Acting like he’s incapable of throwing for that many is asinine.
He put up 50 yards of offense against The Football Team in a half of football. You pumping his tires is asinine when hes done nothing wearing the Star to warrant the praise.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
He put up 50 yards of offense against The Football Team in a half of football. You pumping his tires is asinine when hes done nothing wearing the Star to warrant the praise.

How did Ben do the first half of the game against the cowboys yesterday? If not for one drive at the end of the 2nd quarter, he would have had about the same. And that is a 7-0 team who ben has played with his entire career. Not his first game with the team

75boyz

Reaction score
Seems a lot of fans are just happy with 8-8 and complaining as long as its not about the QB. They don't want SB wins just average.

It trips me out as though the anything can happen, just get to the playoffs crowd are certifiably insane.

List the starting QBs accompanied by their accomplished coaching staffs that would hafta have season ending injuries in order for Dallas to genuinely make a run?

They've already lost to Wilson and Ben...

I would bet my mortgage on not beating Rodgers, Brees or Brady or Jackson and Mahommes.

Dallas ain't beating those QBs/coaches.

Take the higher draft pick.
At least the odds increase of future roster improvement.

Making this year's playoffs.
Accomplishes nothing and actually sets the roster back even further.

It ain't Rocket science.

Yeah, cue the quitter trolls, lol.

Reality is a ..... :) lol

Aven8

Reaction score
How can Stephen even say this before talking to Mike anyway? And you’re going to put him out there for Zimmer and than Wash again? Good luck with that!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The team pulled together around Gigi - something they didn't do for Dalton. I don't know if that's because they thought Dalton could handle himself and Gigi needed the help, or if they rallied because they saw the heart Gigi has. Either way, Dalton should be the starter, just by virtue of experience...but MM shouldn't hesitate to bench him if he stinks the place up.

cern

Reaction score
It ain't the next game yet. That list might take a long time to clear andy.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
It trips me out as though the anything can happen, just get to the playoffs crowd are certifiably insane.

List the starting QBs accompanied by their accomplished coaching staffs that would hafta have season ending injuries in order for Dallas to genuinely make a run?

They've already lost to Wilson and Ben...

I would bet my mortgage on not beating Rodgers, Brees or Brady or Jackson and Mahommes.

Dallas ain't beating those QBs/coaches.

Take the higher draft pick.
At least the odds increase of future roster improvement.

Making this year's playoffs.
Accomplishes nothing and actually sets the roster back even further.

It ain't Rocket science.

Yeah, cue the quitter trolls, lol.

Reality is a ..... :) lol

Weak way to look at it. The team gains confidence, skill, improves, and comes together as a team if they don't tank. They have a path to the playoffs, and time to improve. The coaches have time to improve and make this a team.

You don't throw that away for a higher pick

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
What I'm thinking more than anything is they will let Dalton go next year and they want to hide Gilbert so they can retain him for cheap. No point in showcasing him only to end up with a mid round pick and a 1st round playoff exit and then lose Gilbert to free agency.

yes, but the cat may be out of the bag though. but I see your point and I considered this as well.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Hey, Stephen...
Screenshot-20200426-200004-Pics-Art-1.jpg

RHtx-YSl6jtqi-RXvod-Q.gif

75boyz

Reaction score
Weak way to look at it. The team gains confidence, skill, improves, and comes together as a team if they don't tank. They have a path to the playoffs, and time to improve. The coaches have time to improve and make this a team.

You don't throw that away for a higher pick

The historical success of this organization's picking higher in the draft paved the way for future successes.
89, 90 and 91 drafts led to success of the early 90s window of prosperity.

A more recent example but not quite as successful was 2016's haul.

Other organizations like Vermeils Rams and all the losing years and high picks it had leading up to picks like Holt and Pace and their mini run with Warner.

As well as other examples of teams sucking for a couple/few years and then cashing in on picking high. Recently the Rams and Niners.

The counter would be the Browns and Lions who have picked high for many years with no apparent success.

Dallas has shown when picking higher they pick HOF level talent or close to it and at least "sort of" (lately that is, lol)contend for the playoffs.

Hoodie is the outlier for always picking lower but remaining successful but I guess Brady played a big role in that as evidenced this year.

But in my opinion, the Cowboys "usually" pick well towards future success with higher pick options. The current roster needs high picks in all draft rounds to improve the chances towards future success.

My opinion.

Last edited:

mrmojo

Reaction score
Genius, pure Genius...do not underestimate the Jones boys, they know exactly what there doing.../s/

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The historical success of this organization's picking higher in the draft paved the way for future successes.
89, 90 and 91 drafts led to success of the early 90s window of prosperity.

A more recent example but not quite as successful was 2016's haul.

Other organizations like Vermeils Rams and all the losing years and high picks it had leading up to picks like Holt and Pace and their mini run with Warner.

As well as other examples of teams sucking for a couple/few years and then cashing in on picking high.

The counter would be the Browns and Lions who have picked high for many years with no apparent success.

Dallas has shown when picking higher they pick HOF level talent or close to it and at least "sort of" (lately that is, lol)contend for the playoffs.

Hoodie is the outlier for always picking lower but remaining successful but I guess Brady played a big role in that as evidenced this year.

But in my opinion, the Cowboys "usually" pick well towards future success with higher pick options. The current roster needs high picks in all draft rounds to improve the chances towards future success.

My opinion.

"The current roster needs high picks in all draft rounds to improve the chances towards future success."

You can tank every season for that outlook.

The cowboys get Dak, Tryon, Collins, Hill, and Jarwin back next season.

My opinion is that it would better the team, if they dont tank. It would be better if they fight for every game, win, improve, the coaching staff gets settled, backups and young guys get experience, attitudes are good, and maybe they make a run.

Then next year, they add a bunch of important players back, and draft picks

75boyz

Reaction score
"The current roster needs high picks in all draft rounds to improve the chances towards future success."

You can tank every season for that outlook.

The cowboys get Dak, Tryon, Collins, Hill, and Jarwin back next season.

My opinion is that it would better the team, if they dont tank. It would be better if they fight for every game, win, improve, the coaching staff gets settled, backups and young guys get experience, attitudes are good, and maybe they make a run.

Then next year, they add a bunch of important players back, and draft picks

I respect your opinion and appreciate you remaining civil. I'm not as confident in the future health of Tyron nor am I a fan of this current HC and his whole staff but that's a separate issue.
Again, different opinions. No prob.