Twitter: Stephen: Gilbert had a “hell of a day” But Andy Dalton will be Dallas’ starting QB

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I know everyone is happy with the game Gilbert had. He played well and looks like someone that can start a few games and manage the game. However, let's not pretend he just threw for 400 yards and had 3+ tds. Going back to Dalton is the right call for now, but if he's struggling a couple games from now then you give a look to Gillbert and get Rush some snaps at some point.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you expect anything else from the most clueless ownership in the NFL 30 years running?

phildadon86

Reaction score
How did Ben do the first half of the game against the cowboys yesterday? If not for one drive at the end of the 2nd quarter, he would have had about the same. And that is a 7-0 team who ben has played with his entire career. Not his first game with the team
Lol now we are comparing dalton to Ben . Amazing

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Lol now we are comparing dalton to Ben . Amazing

not comparing, I was showing that your evaluation of only getting 50 yards in a half on his first game with a new team, where they gave up 2 fumbles, dropped a td, and had a horrible ref PI call is not a good evaluation

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Looking forward to a late hit on Dalton and the Cowboys OL reacting harshly to make up for letting the guy down in D.C.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Why announce this today going into a bye? Could have seen how the week worked out and announced it next Monday........

blueblood70

Reaction score
I mean I did sort of understand your point until you suggested I thought any sort of way in 2016 with regard to Romo. Huh?
Also, that's not the energy I was referring to. Agree to disagree.

im saying that debate Dak vs romo 2016 was worth making big deal out of a debate,,..this is not the same thing qb2 vs qb4 both arent great so what the freak does it matter? its a debate with no teeth, it means nothing..we are 2-9 season all but over

im betting MM has the last word with input from KM , the joneses do NOT make player depth charts and never have..

so AD and Gilbert have the bye week and a lot of practice time and if for some reason GG just looks better , they go GG regardless what Jones said..

MM has the final say regardless what fans think..

blueblood70

Reaction score
There you go, the Cowboys will never field a good team while Stephen Jones decides who starts and not the coaches.
just because hes the messenger as he was asked , doesnt mean he made the decsions. The coaches make those decsions. PERIOD..

prove otherwise the jonses have never made the depth charts or active inactive lists..they know the info because they are part of meetings and have had talks with the head coach and im betting that decsions was made before GG even took snap..but lie i said should Dalton look bad in practice or the first half of MN game, well he will be taken out.hes simply getting his job back..

nothing to see here..

blueblood70

Reaction score
stupid...more showing why this organization is a dumster fire. dont let guy who actually earn it play time just give it to guy who dont. stupid way to run a football team. just stupid.
no its not and believing that over a debate between AD and GG is insane statement on your part..it doesnt matter..so ridiculous:lmao2::lmao:..

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
My innocent question is

Why are these guys talking about who sits and who starts .... Can't their minds wrap around a simple normal answer as "It's a HC call"

Which other team, a FO person talks about or answer questions about who plays ??????

Man!!!!! The hopeless case those Jonses are .. SMH

:cool:

InTheZone

Reaction score
I like Gilbert, he needs to stay. I also want to see Dalton with the same protection Gilbert got. Gilbert made some throws, avoiding would be sacks on Dalton and Dak, but some of his inconsistent passes just reminded me of Dak. Again, lets see Dalton with the same protection because it was a million times better than when he got his first start.