Twitter: Stephen gives Maher vote of confidence

RS12

Reaction score

I am thinking 6 games as over/ under that he is team kicker.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maher ..

PjKulip.png

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I'm all for letting your players know that you have confidence in them, but what did he say about Zeke:muttley:

X550i

Reaction score
Can SJ please stop talking about football personnel. If you're the cap guru money man; leave the personnel matters to others.

Jipper

Reaction score
didnt he make like 7 kicks last week? Guy looked solid and if he can build some confidence then he will be a great weapon with that leg he has

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I would think he rates out as an average kicker in the NFL, I don't really see that there's anybody in free agency that would replace him and do a better job. For those who say Dan Bailey (if he's even cut which I'm not sure is going to happen now,) do you not remember why we cut him in the first place? He was great for a number of years, and then 2016 was the worst season of his career (albeit not a bad season for a kicker.) And then 2017 was the worst season of his career. And then we cut him and then 2018 was the worst season of his career. You see the trend there? I think signing him would create a lot more drama and uncertainty than with what we have right now with Maher.

If your answer is Matt Bryant, then ok I guess I can see the argument. But I also don't know what the deal is with him, it could be a number of things. Is there a good reason Atlanta isn't bringing him back, does he want to get paid too much money, does he even want to consider playing here?

Sometimes Maher isn't the most accurate kicker in the world but he's got a cannon for a leg and he doesn't seem to be a mental case at this point in his career, he's already made some pretty big kicks for us. But he was 80% last year and I don't think that calls for being cut. He's 5 for 7 in the preseason but unless the guy just falls apart I don't think he's really done anything to warrant him getting cut. Extra points are 33 yard kicks and he's 12 for 12 in the preseason. I get it, he's not Justin Tucker. But those kind of players aren't just available.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I am thinking 6 games as over/ under that he is team kicker.

Maher’s done ok. Enough to warrant starting the season as the kicker. If he falters, there are others out there just chomping at the bit for a chance. Kicker is the least of what we should be worrying about.

coult44

Reaction score
Can SJ please stop talking about football personnel. If you're the cap guru money man; leave the personnel matters to others.

Do you really think that SJ is only a money man??? There are 3-4 guys who are personnel guys, SJ is #3

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Stephen had to check with Chuck first.

What say you Chuck?

giphy.gif
That resounding overwhelming outside sourced vote of confidence is all I need to hear in placating my concerns over our sometimes iffy " #2,,, #2,,, watch out where you poo"( it's the closing out song as the movie credit's are scrolling in that MONSTURD cult classic cheesey flick I got,,,& it's really a rather snappy little musical ditty that kinda' digs -in& stays firmly entrenched unto one's memory after just hearing it one time:confused:,it's trueo_O

Last edited: