Twitter: Stephen Jones always say they're always looking to improve the team

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All teams are always looking to improve the team. I am sure the usuals will put down the FO for this though. But will praise other teams for saying it. :laugh:

I think they go into TC as they are before any trade possibilities will be truly mentioned. Right now it will be 6 weeks media click bait stuff.
Speculation from fans, which is ok, makes for some good discussions at times.

Dre11

Reaction score
I'll pass. Wants top money and has had 3 knee operations so far.

signed through 2024, I think we could get him to play a year and then talk in 2022. teams about to get a lot of money in a couple years.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
All teams are always looking to improve the team. I am sure the usuals will put down the FO for this though. But will praise other teams for saying it. :laugh:

I think they go into TC as they are before any trade possibilities will be truly mentioned. Right now it will be 6 weeks media click bait stuff.
Speculation from fans, which is ok, makes for some good discussions at times.
It’s becoming a young mans game for several reasons, they’re cheaper, they have more energy and they have more drive. The older they get, the more entitled they become. Not all of them of course, but some. I think Tank may fall into that category for the Cowboys.

John813

Reaction score
Wow, did not know he had that many knee surgeries.

Miami Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard has spent the past month rehabbing and getting treatment to avoid a surgical procedure on his left knee, but it finally got to the point he could not avoid going under the knife.

Howard had a scope done to his left knee to clean out scar tissue that had developed from a previous procedure. This is the third knee procedure Howard had done to one of his knees since joining the franchise in 2016 as a second-round pick from Baylor.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...0191219-hgn7ue4j5fg35eu7aoecsrfsqe-story.html

The news of Howard’s knee requiring surgery is worrisome, to say the least. Howard for all of his gifts and his commitment to his craft and his success on the field, has missed 24 games over the course of his four NFL seasons to date — and has now had at least three surgical procedures done on his knees. Howard has missed 13 of the Dolphins’ last 18 games, all due to knee ailments.
https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...nerback-xavien-howard-undergoes-knee-surgery/
Yea, definitely have long term questions on his knees.

10 ints last season

He is a ballhawk for sure.

My issue is that he got paid a few years back and then played even better. Fair for him to ask for a new deal/money as the team then paid Jones more money last season.
But, how much longer can he play at a high level due to his knees? Maybe 2-3 years or maybe he has another shortened season for a 4th knee procedure and it comes into question his athletic ability with that main procedures. Or is there any issue with potential cartilage issues? I honestly don't know

Dre11

Reaction score
He’s not the Dolphin’s CB that I want….
:grin:

really? 10 ints last season?

Would anyone oppose calling Miami about a trade for Xavien Howard and what would you give up.

https://dolphinstalk.com/2021/01/17/xavien-howards-contract-situation-should-be-monitored/

The Miami Dolphins just completed their 2020 season with a record of 10-6 and made tremendous strides this year as a team. The Dolphins had the second-youngest team in the league and made many improvements on defense especially forcing turnovers where their best player Xavien Howard intercepted 10 passes.

Dre11

Reaction score
Miami Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard has spent the past month rehabbing and getting treatment to avoid a surgical procedure on his left knee, but it finally got to the point he could not avoid going under the knife.

Howard had a scope done to his left knee to clean out scar tissue that had developed from a previous procedure. This is the third knee procedure Howard had done to one of his knees since joining the franchise in 2016 as a second-round pick from Baylor.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...0191219-hgn7ue4j5fg35eu7aoecsrfsqe-story.html

Yea, definitely have long term questions on his knees.

I'm not worrying about scopes, production is the key

The Miami Dolphins just completed their 2020 season with a record of 10-6 and made tremendous strides this year as a team. The Dolphins had the second-youngest team in the league and made many improvements on defense especially forcing turnovers where their best player Xavien Howard intercepted 10 passes.

Dre11

Reaction score
It’s becoming a young mans game for several reasons, they’re cheaper, they have more energy and they have more drive. The older they get, the more entitled they become. Not all of them of course, but some. I think Tank may fall into that category for the Cowboys.

He's Dak age 27

Dre11

Reaction score
IMO, Corner is not a big need for this team right now. Safety and interior DL are much bigger needs.

We really going to start AB or Joseph, vs the wrs we face this season?

John813

Reaction score
10 ints last season
I'm not worrying about scopes, production is the key

Yea, last year was a treat to watch being a Dolphins fan as well due to location.
IMO it comes down to price to acquire and price to keep happy $$$.

With 10 INTs and 18 INTs in 3 years he is definitely a buy high type corner. But IMO Dolphins will probably cave to his demands as the guys behind him have yet to prove to be anywhere close to being a starter on the outside. Needham is depth, Coleman is a slot guy, Noah Iggy got roasted last year and McCourtey I wouldn't trust to be a full time guy.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We really going to start AB or Joseph, vs the wrs we face this season?
We could certainly do better than those guys. But lord, Xavien Howard? At his price tag and injury history? I don’t disagree with your premise about getting better in the secondary. But I think S is a much bigger need. We have thrown mediocre to bad players out there for far too long. If there’s an upgrade at S, I’m much more interested.