Twitter: Stephen Jones - Cowboys could draft a couple of receivers

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
The first receiver comes off the board in round 2 or 3.
The second receiver comes off the board in round 6.
Need addressed.
The city of Dallas does not burn.
The forum does not crash.
Some of us will be happy... some of us will perch ourselves a top the fence... and others will grab pitchforks and torches seeking to persecute anyone who disagrees with them.
Welcome to the Jungle... or what we call the Zone:)

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

They could. Quite easily. And keep them both.

Brown, Lenoir, and Thompson are totally cutable.

If we take a speed threat high, Thompson is just a progress stopper for him. Or a backup. Only 1mil guaranteed. He's the bridge in case we don't find a speed threat. He'll have to beat someone else out to stay on the team if our top WR is a speed threat.

Also, players get injured. Come the end of the season, someone may be on PUP. Two easy.

Proof

Reaction score
This is not the draft to get WRs. Some good #2s and great #3s, but I would look at getting a FA next year if it completely bombs this year.

what makes you say that? This is one of the more loaded wr drafts I can remember.

Sidenote, I think they do come away with two wr's if calloway is available when their comp 4th's roll around.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just stop talking.

I wish we head a normal front office.

The Jones family has destroyed my once thought indestructible passion for the Dallas Cowboys. Please just stop and let the scouts and coaches do their job.
Right!!

What other teams are discussing publicly draft plans ?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am expecting 2 guys. An early pick that could potentially be a #1. A later pick that is a pure burner that can compete for a roster spot.

jrumann59

Reaction score
LOL at all the guys in the other thread saying "WR is really not a need for this team".

I guess Stephen didn't got the memo, he plans to use 2 or 3 of our 10 picks on WRs.

This board is going to be hilarious when use 30% of our draft picks on WRs:laugh:
I guess JJ finally gave his son a taste of the same **** he has been sniffing the last 20+ years.