Twitter: Stephen Jones on at thefan when asked about any more potential trades

Doomsay

Reaction score
Nor was the MB “trade” on the front burner, it just came to us.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EEdr7fCXYAEqoFW.jpg

"Whatever Daddy says! Right Daddy?"

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I got this. Stephen really said we got some shizz lined up to keep the mojo flowin over this brief commercial break so don’t touch that dial.

Jipper

Reaction score
Too many Zoners think the FO staffers are nonchalant fools just waiting around for things to fall into their laps.

Its incredible isn’t it how many fans think they are so much smarter than the professionals that have been doing this for decades? Also, cracks me up when fans say they are more “invested” in this team that the fo....the most invested person on this planet, both emotionally and financially, is jerry Jones

People are just sick of losing....a Super Bowl or at least an nfc championship game would do wonders for the fan base

ESisback

Reaction score
Its incredible isn’t it how many fans think they are so much smarter than the professionals that have been doing this for decades? Also, cracks me up when fans say they are more “invested” in this team that the fo....the most invested person on this planet, both emotionally and financially, is jerry Jones

People are just sick of losing....a Super Bowl or at least an nfc championship game would do wonders for the fan base

Agreed Jip, but no matter WHAT they do, there will NEVER be a shortage of second-guessing “realists”!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hope so. I'm not trying to over pay like the steelers but an upgrade is needed.
Cowboys currently have 4 Safeties active on the roster. 2 Free Safeties (Xavier Woods & Darian Thompson) and 2 Strong Safeties (Jeff Heath & Donovan Wilson). Kavon Frazier (Strong Safety) is currently on IR.

It would take at least a 1st or 2nd round pick, plus potentially an extra mid-to-late round pick, to pick up by trade a young stud Safety (depending whether a Strong or Free). Or the Cowboys could look for an old veteran Safety where it might not cost them such a costly high pick, but they certainly would pick up a heftier veteran contract where such a veteran is very likely in his last years, is much slower and banged up due to age and wear & tear, and such a veteran would likely only be brought in for a year or two at the most.

Kind of hard to find a Safety worth trading for this time of the year.