Stephen Jones on Deebo

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
and he hurt daks feelings like dez and beasley. jerry couldn't take that too. sad but true.

ESisback

Reaction score
I understand why Cooper is gone. I expected it. But at the same time I realize it's a step back. You don't lose your best WR and think you got better. So the Cowboys have to overcome that to get better.

As far as the Raiders go, I wouldn't pay a dime for what they think. In the 2 decades since they've been to the SB they've had 2 winning seasons and a record of 110-195. They are the definition of crap in everything they do, including opinions. So if they have a bad opinion of a player, I probably like that player.
I get your point, but we went 12-5 last year, largely WITHOUT Cooper. Just like losing the 2016 version of Zeke, compared to the 2021 version. In truth, how much impact?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
and teams weren't covering cooper so the other players could get open. cooper was probably out there jogging around wide open and the defenses were double-teaming lamb and the other scrubs.

Flamma

Reaction score
I get your point, but we went 12-5 last year, largely WITHOUT Cooper. Just like losing the 2016 version of Zeke, compared to the 2021 version. In truth, how much impact?

I don't recall Cooper missing too many games.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't recall Cooper missing too many games.

My point remains—the impact of losing Cooper will be much less in 2022 than it would have been 2 years ago. His contributions were much smaller, yet we still managed 12-5 with a weak running game, a decimated OL, still growing defense, an “average” coach, a “middling” QB, and totally incompetent FO.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You heard him (lol). In fact, according him, it's one of the strongest positions on the team

The 3rd RB is a definition of scrub. Has zero value too the team.

Pollard should be leading the RB group, not spelling Zeke.

80% Zeke is not a strong run game. Not in the least.

Flamma

Reaction score
My point remains—the impact of losing Cooper will be much less in 2022 than it would have been 2 years ago. His contributions were much smaller, yet we still managed 12-5 with a weak running game, a decimated OL, still growing defense, an “average” coach, a “middling” QB, and totally incompetent FO.

In that respect I agree. I never said we can't overcome it. But don't forget, someone still had to be out there to cover Cooper. Even if Cooper wasn't all that productive, his presence helped other players. I'm not crying over the loss. If we fixed the OL that would probably more than make up for him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The 3rd RB is a definition of scrub. Has zero value too the team.

Pollard should be leading the RB group, not spelling Zeke.

80% Zeke is not a strong run game. Not in the least.

I'm guessing they may use a mid-round pick on one.......since this is likely Zeke's last year as a Cowboy

ESisback

Reaction score
Strong RB group?

Think about it—while Zeke clearly isn’t the same RB he was in 2016, he DID get 1,000 yards on a bum knee, behind a decimated line, didn’t he? Everyone also agrees that Pollard is a viable weapon that is underutilized. Aside from injury, the bulk of our problem is the OL and the OC.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm guessing they may use a mid-round pick on one.......since this is likely Zeke's last year as a Cowboy

Its gotta be this year or next year. I would think next year possibly as the guy would basically be rotting on the bench here this year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Think about it—while Zeke clearly isn’t the same RB he was in 2016, he DID get 1,000 yards on a bum knee, behind a decimated line, didn’t he? Everyone also agrees that Pollard is a viable weapon that is underutilized. Aside from injury, the bulk of our problem is the OL and the OC.

Zeke isnt even a top 20 RB anymore and I think that is being generous. 30 RB's or more get 1000 yards in this offense give enough carries.

Zeke racked up the yards largely in the first 8 games when the line was mauling people and Zeke wasnt hurt. but like always, Pollard is always a yard better in average good or bad.

Zeke is now a liability to the offense as he cant break long runs or make it outside. Defenses know this and are now adjusting their defense accordingly. They focus on the middle of the line and play a two deep zone to stymie the passing game.

Now if the Oline is top quality again then these guys can do their damage. But plenty of RB's could. Dont need to pay a guy 15 million what 30 others can do an the back up can do better.

ESisback

Reaction score
Zeke isnt even a top 20 RB anymore and I think that is being generous. 30 RB's or more get 1000 yards in this offense give enough carries.

Zeke racked up the yards largely in the first 8 games when the line was mauling people and Zeke wasnt hurt. but like always, Pollard is always a yard better in average good or bad.

Zeke is now a liability to the offense as he cant break long runs or make it outside. Defenses know this and are now adjusting their defense accordingly. They focus on the middle of the line and play a two deep zone to stymie the passing game.

Now if the Oline is top quality again then these guys can do their damage. But plenty of RB's could. Dont need to pay a guy 15 million what 30 others can do an the back up can do better.

That’s why we need to fix the OL and adjust our playcalling. I’m not a stat guru, but were there 30 RB’s with 1,000 yards? How many played injured?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That’s why we need to fix the OL and adjust our playcalling. I’m not a stat guru, but were there 30 RB’s with 1,000 yards? How many played injured?

Most are on a RB by committee and dont get all the carries that Zeke gets.

Simple truth is that Zeke should have sat out at least 4 games, but he either refused or pushed to play, which hurt the team. Maybe he was afraid that Polllard would outshine him.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
They had better get better on defense and I know it’s a smoke screen but seriously the fans are not that dumb, who the heck is Rico dowdle and why didn’t they use him at the end of last year. Zeke is washed up and Pollard has a tear in his foot. If they don’t trade down or take a rb in the 2nd there is zero chance of a Super Bowl.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will be absolutely shocked if it’s the Packers. They know better. I don’t think they’re legitimately interested.
The Packers allowed Davante Adams to leave because they received draft picks to replace him.

I don't see them using the picks and 25M per year on Deebo.

Big D

Reaction score
I think Deebo is very good but I also know he is a FA after this season and will be looking for top money which is about 30 mill avg per year, not to mention we would have to give up draft picks to get him. I think this is rich draft for WR and would be willing to look to the draft to get one as opposed to grabbing Deebo. I like the player but do not like the overall cost of draft pick and contract
I also think that he's benefitting from the 'flavor of the month' effect. Don't get me wrong, he's good but we really don't have a need for him right now.