Twitter: Stephen Jones On Garrett's Future

JayFord

Reaction score
I can’t take much from this statement

It’s not like Stephen can come out and say “give me a super bowl or your hindpotts is grass and I’m dah lawnmower “

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed, Fire Garrett mid-season and put Richard as interim .

My conspiracy theory is if Garrett cannot get this group to the NFC Championship game, and perhaps win it, then Richard is the next coach and Jerry is having laser surgery to remove his Garrett tattoo.

Jerry is a forgiving guy to his pet cats, but when he has put them in the position of success, and they fail, his tolerance evaporates like the prom king's love for the prom queen immediately after the happy ending of their connubial bliss.

I may have overthought that simile.

Mannix

Reaction score
My biggest fear is he makes the NFC game and gets blown out...and keeps his job.

GenoT

Reaction score

So much for that idea that he has taken the reigns from the old man.

This has been obvious since 2007, when Jerry hired Garrett BEFORE he hired Wade Phillips to replace Bill Parcells (accepting Garrett was a stipulation for WP’s getting the HC job).

After which, Jones installed JG as the Cowboy’s OC and immediately anointed him “head-coach-in-waiting.”

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Its obvious that if Stephen was running things, Garrett would be out already.
Not really.

The idea these vague comments are somehow passive aggressive is just without merit.

I know it feels good to say that, but there is no real evidence to suggest what his opinion of Garrett is.

He defers to the person that has the final say.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
A regime change with Stephen Jones taking over won't be any different.

The only significant regime change would occur if the entire Jones family jet went down with the whole brood aboard.
Why not? It's obvious we would've had a new head coach by now.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. People need to listen to what Stephen actually said here instead of the typical idiotic rush to the wrong conclusion like we do.

Good interview overall. The Garrett comments start at about 13 minutes in.