Twitter: Stephen Jones on the O Line

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
lol now you see why this team will never win anything as long as the jones own them they apple sure didn't fall far from the tree

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They sure have bought into this OL thing.

A long ways from when they dismantled the line and dumped Leonard Davis, Gurode, Colombo and Gurode and replaced them with embarrassing trash for a while.

Now they seem a little too focused.

Alexander

Reaction score
It’s a process to develop players like Chaz. Keep stacking seasons of development. In his contract year, Chaz might be better than a practice squad player.

There is hope.
The fact he actually mentioned Chaz Green by name is a real problem.

I know if I am an authority on the roster and I have a complete waste like Green on the team, I don't take the time to bother mentioning him unless I am trying to sell him.

I mean have they not seen enough out of him so far? What on earth is making them hang on like this? Fear of looking stupid because they reached for him to begin with?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
The fact he actually mentioned Chaz Green by name is a real problem.

I know if I am an authority on the roster and I have a complete waste like Green on the team, I don't take the time to bother mentioning him unless I am trying to sell him.

I mean have they not seen enough out of him so far? What on earth is making them hang on like this? Fear of looking stupid because they reached for him to begin with?
Chaz is a colossal failure. Don’t get me wrong, I’m one of the more positive fans on this site, but this one is pretty easy to call.

Utter crap.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be opposed to OL in round 1 to be honest. I’m big fan of prioritizing the trenches with draft capital.

Carson

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be opposed to OL in round 1 to be honest. I’m big fan of prioritizing the trenches with draft capital.

The issue I have with this, is we need to fill some other holes in free agency.

We could use another FS, LB. if we can fill some holes in free agency the draft becomes that much easier to draft BPA

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
My favorite part:

"Where everybody ends up playing, we'll see"

Heckuva plan, little man!
:thumbup:
I've already stated where I want to put a well-placed boot to his face, after walking through a dog park...
More than once!

waldoputty

Reaction score
Not sure how you can ignore several games of good play to grandstand on one bad game where he has less than 2 weeks to prepare.

thought i read green had hip issues again last year causing all those problems
the man is probably broken

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Watching Cooper signed away, I'm thinking they plan on draft oline high.

"but probably no question we have to find a 5th"

Not even a whiff of possibility for the current roster. Not Green. Not Kadeem Edwards.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
T. Smith gotta get this back situation under control. They may need to move on from him if we do year 3 missing games, snaps, quarters... etc.

Alexander

Reaction score
Chaz is a colossal failure. Don’t get me wrong, I’m one of the more positive fans on this site, but this one is pretty easy to call.

Utter crap.
And the man in charge of talent, one way or the other, mentioned him as a factor. Which means no matter what, he is in our plans.

That is just nauseating.

Pants

Reaction score
He knows football because "he has been around football all his life"

Yes Stephen, if you need bypass surgery, tell the surgeon to let the OR nurse do it because she has been around cardiac surgery for many years
Stevie is more like the guy that pushes the gurney for patients to go for their tests, he knows that little

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Not sure why people are upset. I agree with him. The team needs 7 starting caliber lineman like they had 14-16. They take 7 to gameday so this team needs 7 good one's. Right now they have 4 starters, a vacancy sign at left guard and a swing tackle in Green who is still developing.

IMO Dallas needs a big time draft pick at LG to start right away. A Veteran Swing Tackle in case green struggles in camp and a veteran or rookie Center/guard.

Then figure out which swing tackle is better and make the other one inactive.

this is a lot to do in one offseason when you have almost no linebackers and are trying to dump your #1 wr.

Oh and you have no real backup quarterback and need a front line tight end.

School

Reaction score
OL free agents are visiting, likely looking for a starting position.

Stephen makes it public the team is looking for a starting lineman, not a bench guy.

I don't see a problem here.