Twitter: Stephen Jones On Trades

diefree666

Reaction score
the big money FA's we got actually were not all that bad. I mean TO, Bigg, both of them were not busts here.It was the so called trades that really worked us. the WR who shall not be named and the WR who shall not be named part Deux were the really bad news. Now McClain and Hardy were busts in that they were head cases. BUT they both flashed ability and especially McCain if he could have kept on the straight would really have made serious impacts. Both of those cases were basically reclamation projects that failed. And then of course the idiocy of the gregory pick but once again that is a case of ignoring all the warning signs. BUT of the FA's that we actually spent real money on we have not done badly.

Verdict

Reaction score
I could see us trading up to around #16 if a player we really want falls especially if they are not sold on Dak and a highly coveted QB falls. I don't think they are ready to move on from Dak obviously, but that is one of the situations we might move up.

It would eat up way too much of our draft rss to move up much higher than 3 or 4 spots tops.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think I rather have Edmunds than Smith if we go linebacker.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I could see us trading up to around #16 if a player we really want falls especially if they are not sold on Dak and a highly coveted QB falls. I don't think they are ready to move on from Dak obviously, but that is one of the situations we might move up.

It would eat up way too much of our draft rss to move up much higher than 3 or 4 spots tops.
Wouldnt it be something if Baker Mayfield was sitting there 2 or 3 spots in front of us? Would we dare do it?

conner01

Reaction score
If they traded up into the Top 10 which would cost us some prime picks to take a total project at WR in Sutton, I might kill Jerry, Stephen and the family dog.

That would be beyond idiotic.
I like Sutton but I wouldn’t trade up for him or any other player in this draft
I think Vea would be a perfect fit and I still wouldn’t move up more than a few spots for him

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It's almost like in European Vacation when Clark Griswold is in a England using his translator and Rusty says, dad they are speaking English! Lol
Every season from this franchise is like this scene from the same movie:

It is amazing, we cannot get left!!

{maniacal laughter}

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think we are more likely to move down than up in this draft.
Me too,I agree. This draft has depth and no one outside of about 5 or 6 players are what I would call borderline studs...so since we can find solid talent later..I see this draft as the poster child as far as whats a good draft to trade down in. This one fits the bill.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Derwin James, Roquan Smith, Quentin Nelson

Those 3 should all be Top 10

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not significantly better that I am giving up what moving from #19 would cost.

I agree.

Im going to be upset if he goes between 16 - 18.

If we do a good job in free agency I think there is a scenario that i'd be happy moving up for James but it depends on the rest of the roster.

Right now our strategy is relying almost 100% on the draft and I don't want to give up more picks.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So. He was not really aware of that? The thought never really occurred to him?

Does that sound like a guy with even the slightest clue of what he's doing?

It's hard to put my finger on why we do what we do. I didn't even realize we've been doing that.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Does that sound like a guy with even the slightest clue of what he's doing?

It's hard to put my finger on why we do what we do. I didn't even realize we've been doing that.
No, it really doesn't.

This is our future after Jerry Jones moves on to the astral world.

cds99

Reaction score
good point. We dont bring this up at all. I think its time for a HUGE surprise in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Let me ask you this..would we dare draft a QB or rb high? What if Baker Mayfield somehow is siting at 15...would we move up? he draft being held in Dallas in our home is special and I agree 100% with what you said. I expect fireworks.

If we did move up and handed in a card that said Baker Mayfield then this team is a bunch of ignorant idiots, period. Mayfield is the next Johnny Manziel. Dude will be out of the league in a matter of years.

kskboys

Reaction score
I like Sutton but I wouldn’t trade up for him or any other player in this draft
I think Vea would be a perfect fit and I still wouldn’t move up more than a few spots for him
Unless a team needs a QB, I don't see anyone worth trading up for in the 1st round. There are, however, several players worth trading up in the 2nd round for.

kskboys

Reaction score
If we did move up and handed in a card that said Baker Mayfield then this team is a bunch of ignorant idiots, period. Mayfield is the next Johnny Manziel. Dude will be out of the league in a matter of years.
Why? I haven't heard of any off field problems w/ Mayfield. Why do you think he'll be out of the league?