Twitter: Stephen Jones - Rico Gathers a work in progress

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Instead of pulling from your own feelings...provide some actual times. They are produced each and every off season.
It's not a feeling, I see it.

And Madden 18 has him at a 77 speed, so there.

Mr_437

Reaction score

Bruh, I already have Rico as TE5. Why? Rico's personality. Other players w/ more production have been shipped out over th years for speaking their minds, so Rico's days n Dallas may already be numbered anyway.

I got:
1) Swaim
2) Jarwin
3) Shultz
4) Wells

I thought Jarwin had some game during preseason last year, so no surprise there. This is th TC battle royale position, no one has a stronghold on a spot. Hopefully a pure competition breaks out.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Christ, Son...you set the mark...now prove it. The baby is yours.
Honestly, I don't care if you think he's fast or not. You are in the vast, vast minority if you think he's anywhere near what he was.

And I'll be putting that baby in the corner.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't care if you think he's fast or not. You are in the vast, vast minority if you think he's anywhere near what he was.

And I'll be putting that baby in the corner.

No son, that's still your baby...I haven't commented on his running abilities, you did. He'll be in the booth this season, so exactly what IS your point?

I questioned your inability to clarify opinion with the exact facts...good night now.

Your statement and your argument are now...ALL YOURS.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Blake Jarwin is the new Jeff Heath.

No team or fanbase overrates JAGs like we do.

Kind of like that Romo guy. Oh, wait ...

OK, more like that Austin guy. Oh, wait ...

It's all hit and miss. You see some things that you like, but not every player takes the next step.

I don't know what Jarwin will turn out to be, but the fact that he's turning a few heads isn't a bad thing.

exciter

Reaction score
With Rico, it was always about blocking. Just learn to block, and he makes it to the goal line packages as a blocker/post up player. That's a guy you take to the game.

I'm disappointed that a guy that huge and athletic can't seem to figure out blocking. He's a trim T, with real agility. How can he *not* be able to block better than Swaim?
He's an inch taller than Escobar who was let go for the same reason and he hadn't taken a hiatus from football since junior high!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He's an inch taller than Escobar who was let go for the same reason and he hadn't taken a hiatus from football since junior high!

Escobar played in the 250s. Rico is listed as 290. I think Parnell came here at that weight. 30 something pounds of muscle is a lot.

And Escobar was probably the worst blocking TE the cowboys have had in a long time.

We'll see what happens with Rico. It doesn't look good.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I know some people are salivating over the guy because he made a couple of decent preseason plays against camp-body Smurfs, but starting NFL DBs will eat him for lunch.

The story was that Tony rode Rico hard on the scout team in 2016, and they were eating the DBs' lunch.

Dak aint Romo, but it still takes two to tango. Rico held up his end of abusing the DBs.

ghst187

Reaction score
Pretty sure Gonzalez and Gates aren't going to the hall for their blocking.

superonyx

Reaction score
The story was that Tony rode Rico hard on the scout team in 2016, and they were eating the DBs' lunch.

Dak aint Romo, but it still takes two to tango. Rico held up his end of abusing the DBs.
Rico dominated with Ccoper Rush and Kellen No Moore last preseason. Like dominated in the passing game to a level I rarely see from any TE.

He has obvious talent in the passing game. I don’t know anything about his blocking at all.
It may be so bad that he never sees the field at this level. I don’t know. Sitting on my couch I like to think that being a 290lb athlete you could figure out how to at least put you big body on someone and hold them for a few seconds but I don’t know.

It’s concerning if he was sitting around trying to be a rapper all last season and hasn’t played football since last preseason.

DanA

Reaction score
People are too quick to write guys off. The 53 man roster doesn't have to be whittled down for 3-4 months, by all means have your favorites but lets see what he can do in the pre-season before putting a line through a guy....same goes for Jaylon.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The minute Witten anounces his retirement Stephen Jones will be saying we really like what we have in Rico and he will be a big contributor this year. How freaking long does it take for a guy to be a work in progress. By the time the guy is ready to play he going to be ready to retire! You see other teams bring in guys like this and early on they sprinkle in a few plays during the season to get a guys feet wet and then they build off of that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The minute Witten anounces his retirement Stephen Jones will be saying we really like what we have in Rico and he will be a big contributor this year. How freaking long does it take for a guy to be a work in progress. By the time the guy is ready to play he going to be ready to retire! You see other teams bring in guys like this and early on they sprinkle in a few plays during the season to get a guys feet wet and then they build off of that.
well yes...whats he suppose to say? We are screwed? lol , so it will be Tightend by committee. Unless one of those guys on the roster rises up and blows the doors off the others,thats the way it will be.

DanA

Reaction score

You do realize he was on IR with concussion and a broken jaw last season right?