Twitter: Stephen Jones - Rico Gathers a work in progress

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If Gathers suggested he was committed and mature you would see our front office gushing over him since their natural tendency is to overrate the talent under their own roof.

Rayman70

Reaction score
RICO MIGHT get cut in camp. Dunno much on Jarwin. We need a TE that can stretch the field. THAT would be Dak Friendly. We don't HAVE to get a WR.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If Gathers suggested he was committed and mature you would see our front office gushing over him since their natural tendency is to overrate the talent under their own roof.
Garrett Life Lines are real...

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
If it worked...this would be the best ever! I can only hope. Imagine 4th and 10 on the 11 NFC championship game against the Packers. 30 sec left Dallas 21 packers 27. Story Book.

Last edited:

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Stephen Jones should not be asked about player evaluations. He doesn't know how to evaluate, nor is he a surgical expert on disseminating coach-speak from his underlings.
He rides the line on speaking what he hears and adhering to his father's showman-ness.

He's the real puppet here, but with dollar-power.
It's interesting the hate Stephen gets. Guy has a degree in chemical engineering and was a four year letterman for Arkansas.

He's been around professional football his entire adult life.

Yet we have fans that think they know how to run an NFL team better than he does.

Stephen is not Jerry.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

They liked Hitchens and didn't pay his market value. This team is run differently from when they were handing out big money to Roy Williams and Marion Barber.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Blake Jarwin will be a breakout player for us this year, if Witten let's him play.

I hope Blake Jarwin steps up this season.

I love Jason Witten, but his snap count has been out of control for far too long.

He needs to take a series off each half and introducing some formations without a TE wouldn't stop the Earth from spinning.

Corso

Reaction score
It's interesting the hate Stephen gets. Guy has a degree in chemical engineering and was a four year letterman for Arkansas.

He's been around professional football his entire adult life.

Yet we have fans that think they know how to run an NFL team better than he does.

Stephen is not Jerry.
Nope... he's not. Here's a shot to Stephen Jones... May he bring the Cowboys to greater heights than he ever has so far. Salud!

Reactions: CWR

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Not everyone likes contact.

Maybe that's it, but he was a rebounding forward. Not a delicate daisy.

I'm thinking it's the work. Knowing assignments. Improving technique.

When a guy who hasn't played football is talking about being "ready to be the next great TE", I don't picture him spending a lot of time on his blocking technique and assignments. He's not ready. He shouldn't think he is. But he should think he can get the skills to get on the active roster and contribute with a lot of work.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I hope Blake Jarwin steps up this season.

I love Jason Witten, but his snap count has been out of control for far too long.

He needs to take a series off each half and introducing some formations without a TE wouldn't stop the Earth from spinning.

I'm interested to see how Jarwin comes out of the strength and conditioning program. He did not have an NFL body last year. His gait did remind me of Novacek.

Note: no I am not saying he is anything like Novacek outside of that wide hipped run.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Stephen Jones should not be asked about player evaluations. He doesn't know how to evaluate, nor is he a surgical expert on disseminating coach-speak from his underlings.
He rides the line on speaking what he hears and adhering to his father's showman-ness.

He's the real puppet here, but with dollar-power.
Stephen's getting to be as big a mouth as his father.

Corso

Reaction score
I thought it was just me that was wondering where all the panic was coming from?
:huh:
giphy.gif

BlindFaith

Reaction score
With Rico, it was always about blocking. Just learn to block, and he makes it to the goal line packages as a blocker/post up player. That's a guy you take to the game.

I'm disappointed that a guy that huge and athletic can't seem to figure out blocking. He's a trim T, with real agility. How can he *not* be able to block better than Swaim?
Blocking is want to. It's not glorious. It's the dirty work. Rico comes across as a guy not too interested in that part of the game.