Twitter: Stephen Jones - Rico Gathers a work in progress

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I agree and i also think Witten can be a very effective #2 for a few years if he's lucky health wise.

Not sure about that length of time but until someone proves being his superior, it's likely fair to say the TE job is his to wrest it from.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Who here thinks, or believes, or remotely has studied Wittens running last year?
He play like a burner? Like he's a 4.6, 40 TE?

Dude plays like a 5.9 slogger that uses his body and intelligent savvy to create open pockets and then gets nowhere after he catches the ball he worked so hard for.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Not sure about that length of time but until someone proves his superior, it's likely fair to say the job is his to overcome.
Yes based on what we have now. I don't know the draft that well but if someone is out there who can compete with him for the starting spot we should at least consider drafting a TE like that, if there is one. We need someone to change the pace from the TE spot for a good portion of the game, there's still room for Witten to contribute and produce in a offense like that.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not exactly the same, but you can always compare things. Rebounding is all about shielding guys off for position, just with your back instead of your front. You'll often see less aggressive pushing and shoving on the football field. It's more an issue of will and tenacity than explosive hitting.

If you have the will and tenacity in basketball, that's a good sign for having it for football.

Well, if you are Tony Gonalez, that works. Not so much for Rico. He seems more interested in his career as a rapper.