Twitter: Stephen Jones - Rico Gathers a work in progress

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Watch the training camp reports things can be learned by doing that. The Cowboys hold a combine type work out every season Witten never gets out of shape. His personal off season workouts are tougher than training camp!
That doesn't mean anything. I could work my tail off and still never be as fast as I used to be. It's called getting old.

And the NFL has a way of aging people quite quickly.

He's lucky if he could run a 4.86 now.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
That doesn't mean anything. I could work my tail off and still never be as fast as I used to be. It's called getting old.

And the NFL has a way of aging people quite quickly.

He's lucky if he could run a 4.86 now.
4.66 And ats a fact

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They liked Hitchens and didn't pay his market value. This team is run differently from when they were handing out big money to Roy Williams and Marion Barber.
Hitchens was a little different, he got on the field. Besides being cheap has nothing to do with how they cherish their own. If they had the cap space available, they would have overpaid Hitchens. After all, he was a "a priority" heading into free agency. They still valued him more than he was worth. They just could not pay.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I'm sick of hearing about Rico. Either they let him play to find out more or just cut him geeeesh!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hitchens was a little different, he got on the field. Besides being cheap has nothing to do with how they cherish their own. If they had the cap space available, they would have overpaid Hitchens. After all, he was a "a priority" heading into free agency. They still valued him more than he was worth. They just could not pay.

They had cap space. They offered more to Watkins. And frankly what difference does it make what you think they feel if it doesn't manifest in any way?

And worth is not some fixed value you get to determine for the rest of us. The market set his value and it was more than what you thought.

Then of course there was Dez and Scandrick who were flat cut that fly in the face of your take. Things have changed. We default to young talent nowadays and no longer hoard older players.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Blake Jarwin is the new Jeff Heath.

No team or fanbase overrates JAGs like we do.

He's a young developing player. The reality is that people like yourself evaluate players negatively sight unseen.

As for Heath, he was an UDFA that improved markedly, he is a solid athlete that makes plays now. He won the Raiders game if you can recall for example. I've yet to see anyone call him a pro bowler.

This is the salary cap era and you cannot have pro bowlers at every position. You need roleplayers. Heath is cheap, consistent, and productive. I don't see what the issue is.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They had cap space. They offered more to Watkins. And frankly what difference does it make what you think they feel if it doesn't manifest in any way?

And worth is not some fixed value you get to determine for the rest of us. The market set his value and it was more than what you thought.

Then of course there was Dez and Scandrick who were flat cut that fly in the face of your take. Things have changed. We default to young talent nowadays and no longer hoard older players.
Unless their name is Witten.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Why does the media report anything the jones boys say...it should be very obvious by now that neither one know football talent...

As far as Rico, he's goy 4 or 5 years. Witten wants to play until he's 40...LOL

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think we would be foolish not to consider a TE if a great value is there. There are a few really good talents in this draft, a TE and I think they might slip.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me Jarwin is the wild card, and I suspect he may be the guy we see take the biggest step forward this year.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No, it's not. He runs nowhere near that now. Deny the obvious all you want.

Instead of pulling from your own feelings...provide some actual times. They are produced each and every off season.