Stephen Jones says Cowboys being 0-5 without Tony Romo is 'unacceptable'

RS12

Reaction score
IRVING -- Life without Tony Romo hasn't been easy for the Cowboys. Executive vice president Stephen Jones is the first to acknowledge that.

"We feel like we should be doing better than what we're doing," Jones said. "We didn't expect to be setting the world on fire. But obviously we think we have to do better than go 0-5 without Tony. That's unacceptable. We have done better than that before without Tony so this is disappointing."

Jones, however, expressed faith in Matt Cassel, who passed for only 97 yards in a 13-12 loss to Seattle one week after throwing three interceptions in a defeat to the New York Giants.

"He had the big turnovers against the Giants and I think he was wanting to rectify that and do better," Jones said. "Was he a little too conservative? Maybe. Is there a middle ground in there? Probably. But I do like the way he's leading our team right now. We're close."

Still, Jones isn't thrilled with where the Cowboys stand.

"I think we're a better team than that," Jones said. "But as Bill Parcells used to say, around here you are what you are and we're 2-5 and we accept that and we're accountable to it. Obviously we didn't do some things as well as we should have or we wouldn't be sitting here."

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...ing-0-5-without-tony-romo-is-unacceptable.ece

RS12

Reaction score
Obviously we didn't do some things as well as we should have or we wouldn't be sitting here."

I wonder what those things are.

"He had the big turnovers against the Giants and I think he was wanting to rectify that and do better," Jones said. "Was he a little too conservative? Maybe. Is there a middle ground in there? Probably. But I do like the way he's leading our team right now. We're close."

Nope. 97 yards passing, 49 to McFadden isnt close.

black label

Reaction score
NFL_Coaching_Rumors_Jason_Garrett_Cowboys_Returning_2014.jpg

laughing-gifs-pillow-cover.gif

Aven8

Reaction score
I know it's been said over the last week on here but I will remind everyone again.

Dave Campo in his 3 seasons of 5-11 NEVER lost 5 in a row. Let that marinate for a while......

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
It seems we passed absurd and we're approaching ludicrous. The Texans have more wins than we do, and you can't tell me their roster is better than ours.

It does seem as though we've taken a wrong turn into the twilight zone. But you should like that given your taste for sci fi.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
No ****, Sherlock. You immediately fired the last two coaches who lost five in a row.

This situation is clearly different than the last two, when the team quit on Switzer and Wade. That hasn't been the situation here. Plus we have an MVP Caliber player out for the entirety of this 5 game skid.

Jerry didn't fire Jimmy after losing five in a row twice in a season.