Twitter: Stephen Jones: Trysten Hill needs to "step it up"

Zordon

Reaction score
WoW that was a loaded back half by Lil Bit on the comment..are we going to have another mass Exodus on Defense? Specifically the line?

:huh:
Both Quinn and Bennett are in their 30's. Competent organizations let these types of guys go and replace them with younger players. This is why the Taco and Hill picks hurt so much. You're not only drafting bad players, you're also having to use extra draft capital and free agency money to clean up those misses.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think it is a bit amusing that the guy who says they don't do free agency because you overpay says he hopes they can find another Quinn or Bennett in that pool next year.

That comment makes no sense on any level. They had to trade for both players.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Both Quinn and Bennett are in their 30's. Competent organizations let these types of guys go and replace them with draft picks. This is why the Taco and Hill picks hurt so much.

Plus, iirc, Collins and Crawford are on the last year of their deals..Woods is a RFA? I don't recall Hyders contract, and can't state as such being that I'm unable to look it up at the moment :(

One could also argue that good organisations don't put all of their eggs into one basket..in order to not rely on these such things happening.

Then again, who would have known what would transpire over the years, with the Tappers, Gregory's and Charltons of the draft.:banghead:

Zordon

Reaction score
By the way everyone is blaming Marinelli but I heard on one of the podcast shows that Richard signed off on passing on Thornhill making way for Marinelli to get his guy. The entire dline drafting process in Dallas is broken.

Mr_437

Reaction score
WoW that was a loaded back half by Lil Bit on the comment..are we going to have another mass Exodus on Defense? Specifically the line?

:huh:
He's negotiating, but speaking truth because the DL n Secondary barely have enough guys to fill a starting lineup for 2020.

DAL Standard for 2nd Rd pick: Starter

If T. Hill was a 6th round pick he would've been cut by now. DAL doesn't have the luxury of waiting for him to get himself together...dude is 1 play away.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Topnotch assessment "football guy."

When someone shows you who they are (in draft evaluations), believe them.
We got near 10 million spent on Taco/Crawford and there not playing, Tank is looking above average at best despite signing a blockbuster deal, Gregory is missing ???, 2nd round pick at our weakest spot can't even make active roster.

It's comical how bad this is.

Draft team: "Hill needs motivation and lots of work, both a physical and mental project"

Front office: (*drafts Hill and of course he's not ready) "uhhh we have injuries and can't sign the players that are actually decent we need him to step up and get physically/mentally ready asap"

:facepalm::facepalm:

Flamma

Reaction score
I think it is a bit amusing that the guy who says they don't do free agency because you overpay says he hopes they can find another Quinn or Bennett in that pool next year.

That comment makes no sense on any level. They had to trade for both players.

You can't just replace those players with younger players. You'll just get jags. Given their age, I would hope the Cowboys could keep both of them.