Twitter: Stephen Jones: Trysten Hill needs to "step it up"

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Name the deep DEs that would be putting up numbers on our defense with no Lawrence. I don’t care about typos you read what I typed. I type fast but YOU type dumb stuff. All y’all we shouldn’t have paid lawrence people sound stupid. It’s amazingly stupid actually. Do better please
All let name calling gone give you cancer.

I'm not asking anyone to agree with my idea. I'm just simply sharing my idea. So of you don't agree then say you don't agree.

I don't have a God complex. I don't expect seven billion people to agree with me.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
This dude said you’d get similar production with Taco vs Lawrence. Why do I do this? Lol

stilltheguru

Reaction score
All let name calling gone give you cancer.

I'm not asking anyone to agree with my idea. I'm just simply sharing my idea. So of you don't agree then say you don't agree.

I don't have a God complex. I don't expect seven billion people to agree with me.
You got fooled by Tacos sacks against tight ends. God bless you

cowboyed

Reaction score
If we are deciding on keeping Hill we might as well turn one of the Walking Dead into a pass rusher. It would get to the quarterback faster than Hill.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
And just like that.....Cowboys throw another player under the bus. They have zero patience anymore. I can't blame Hill for being fed up already. They move him around.....never let him settle into a spot. They have no D-line rotation to begin with. I mean...look @ the situation w/ Taco...and now this. Something is definately wrong in the building...and the players are checking out. Now we have added even more toxicity w/ Bennett. Tell you right now....that dude won't be afraid to call out someone on this staff if he senses something not right. This is gonna get real interesting real soon. Maybe to a boiling point...

cern

Reaction score
Stephen: "We’re trying to make moves to give this team every opportunity to compete for a championship.”

Does that include the HC position?
I think it does. But not until season's end. And speaking of seasons, tomorrow morning is opening day of deer season in texas. Those who hunt, be safe. No "sound" shots, please.

Last edited:

Eanwen

Reaction score
I've been away for awhile so I just saw this thread. I'm less concerned about Hill than I am about keeping Quinn. Get Quinn locked up Jerry.

Zordon

Reaction score
Players like Quinn and Bennett are also the types that organizations pick up late in their careers and prosper with on the short term. I am at least glad that the team realized that the younger players they drafted were horrible and they had to do something. That is a bit of a departure from previous years.

But back to the idea of younger players. The idea that the draft is so important is shifting. Mainly because teams are realizing that you can't just expect to hit every pick and have them ready to go. There is not enough practice time. You can't devote a lot to development because frankly it is next to impossible with the limited number of practices available. So this idea that you can just coach up some guy is a fool's gambit. That is why you have to be careful about the youth thing.

If I am running an NFL team, I stock it full of vets on the cheap. This idea of building with youth just means you are building with young players that you have to pay within four years or so. Supplement your roster with veterans that you pick up as needed.

Nobody is saying give Quinn a three year deal. Just be prepared to offer a sweet one year. And manage your cap accordingly. If he leaves, he leaves. But don't insult him. That is what a lot of vets want. Many realize that there has been collusion and they won't get nice deals that they can ride off into the sunset.
Yeah I've definitely seen that shift you're talking about. I don't mind one year rentals, the thing is I doubt either player accepts a 1 yr deal. Quinn already said he came here to revive his value for one more sizable deal.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I don’t understand what Stephen is trying to accomplish through comments like this... Is he trying to motivate Hill? Lame. Calling him out publicly is unnecessary— especially if he hasn’t been talking with him internally.

Is he trying to communicate to the fans? We knew it was a reach pick already... not only was his talent questionable— his character and work ethic had big question marks.

Is he trying to warn us he can’t afford everyone? Yah— we get that too. Make better decisions on draft day and you won’t be in this mess. Gregory, Taco, and now Hill is simply spectacularly awful scouting and drafting— all while ignoring massive positions of need at 1T and S (going “all in” for Adams is a confession that he knows we suck there)

I just don’t understand what his desired outcome is here when he says crap like this

Scotman

Reaction score
20 years from now Jerry will be gone, Stephen will still be talking, his son will be his right hand man, and some fans will still be saying THIS year we'll get back to the SB.

Honestly, it's hard for me to have much hope with these fools running the show. Might as well pick two guys from this board to run the team.

But...the important question...which two guys (or gals)? If we actually had one thread to pick two successors...that would be an interesting thread.