Stephen: No QB even with top 5 pick

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Dak snapping his ankle actually increases his worth to us. 1 playoff win, 8-8 and miss the playoffs in the worst division in football? Tempting. Wait, now he snapped his ankle? Sign that man!!!

Eddie

Reaction score
Why show our hand? How about making everyone think we're gonna take Lawrence, and then trade the pick to someone desperate enough to move up???

No wonder why we've been pathetic for 25 years.

RS12

Reaction score
It is hard to believe these guys are billionaires lol. They just seem so much like jethro on the beverly hillbillys show. There is no jed or granny to reign them in.
Jethro and Beef Jerky.

RS12

Reaction score
Kind of like the kid from BYU and I think miraculously he is only 21.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
To be fair, Stephen's weekly show is a few hours before Mike's Monday presser and about 24 hours ahead of Jerry's radio show.

He's just the first one is to talk every week.
Also the first to say nothing.

As usual.

This front office is like a 30s Vaudeville Act. You go this way..I'll go that way..

We'll head them off at the pass..

Right.

What a freaking joke.

They have been saying for 2 going on 3 years like a freaking parrot..

"Daks our guy..Dak's our guy.. squawak.."

But they won't pay him what he wants.

And we are going to swallow this AGAIN?

Last edited:

RS12

Reaction score
or daniel jones, rosen, winston, or Darnold and that recent..
Way to early to write off Darnold. He got dropped into a cess pool up to his waist. He probably goes to SF or NE and does just fine.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Also the first to say nothing.

As usual.

This front office is like a 30s Vaudeville Act. You go this way..I'll go that way..

We'll head them off at the pass..

Right.

UM all of you all are out of control calm the flip down

does it matter if we have the 2-3 pick and a team really wants player they are going to have to pay kings ransom to get it..who cares if they Dak their guy and they arent taking a qb..its just media puffing...we have all the leverage regardless

more of appeasing poor old dak on IR and helping a smoother team friendly contract negotiations..

no one really knows what Jones's and MM are thinking.. they really truly arent going to think that far ahead, first finish season, then its FA time, then draft

so much happens between now and then including Daks contract talks which saying you are even thinking of replacing him hurts feelings and can hurt negotiations..

chill RELAX

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Only if Lawrence isn’t there. He’s not expecting Cowboys to draft #1 overall. But if they do Lawrence will be the pick. I don’t think any other QB would be a huge upgrade over Dak so BPA makes sense if Dallas doesn’t pick #1.
Lawrence will never produce better quarterback play than Dak Prescott.

His ceiling is Carson Wentz with more accuracy. He can still be a top 15-10 range quarterback howeverz

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you disclose to the entire NFL that you have no interest in a QB no matter where you pick. It's not like that something you could eventually leverage. This front office can't get out of its own way.

Cheers to 20 more years of mediocrity!

And anyone saying, "They wouldn't say anything else," how about saying nothing? How about keeping their damn mouths shut for once instead of broadcasting everything to the rest of the league. Jerry and Stephen are more worried about staying relevant themselves than keeping the Cowboys relevant.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
As you guys know I'm one of Dak's biggest fans around here but I think Stephen is speaking as if he doesn't get the 1st pick. If they get the 1st pick I don't see a scenario where they don't take Lawrence. I'm like 60/40 on it. The pick should be defense but I don't trust this front office to make the right pick.
Lawrence isn’t a generation talent like a Kyler or Mahomes.

A good comparison is a Carson Wentz with more accuracy for him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Way to early to write off Darnold. He got dropped into a cess pool up to his waist. He probably goes to SF or NE and does just fine.
sorry but jets are taking Lawerence and darnolds gone um hes not better then JG why would SF want him..

they said that about Rosen and he well is still not seen snap..

RS12

Reaction score
Lawrence will never produce better quarterback play than Dak Prescott.

His ceiling is Carson Wentz with more accuracy. He can still be a top 15-10 range quarterback howeverz
I think I will at least watch him throw his first NFL pass before I am make that proclamation. You take the Dak fan boy thing to a whole new level.

RS12

Reaction score
sorry but jets are taking Lawerence and darnolds gone um hes not better then JG why would SF want him..

they said that about Rosen and he well is still not seen snap..
I will mark this post and revisit in a few months. Psst JG is a bum.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Seems like a sound draft plan to announce in November in the middle of a season.

Ol' Steve Jones is fixin to bring back the 5-11 seasons.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I think I will at least watch him throw his first NFL pass before I am make that proclamation. You take the Dak fan not thing to a whole new level.
Not a Dak fan. There is at least 10 quarterbacks I’d take over him.

lawrence just isn’t a game breaking prospect. He doesn’t have the football IQ of a Joe Burrow or Russel Wilson and his athleticism isn’t world class like a Cam Newton.

He’ll be Josh Allen with a less talented arm

blueblood70

Reaction score
I will mark this post and revisit in a few months. Psst JG is a bum.
mark it IDC

add this

my llan for the FO
I agree dont take top 5 QB BUT,

trade down grab 2-3 more picks still pick around 10 grab Trask and still get targeted defenders.

Thats MY GM Hypothetical fake scenario..get both a QB and defense all covered , FT dak see if he will actually play and not hold out, if he chooses to holdout you then trade him for more picks..

BTW 3 years running, Daks their guy but not signed!

so believe very little of what said in public..doesnt mean MM isnt pushing for the scenario like im describing..another QB like Trask or kid from ND around 10-12 and still have plenty of high picks for defense..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As it stands, the Cowboys are in position to have a top-five pick in the draft next spring, but quarterback will not be among the team’s priorities, according to Stephen Jones. The Cowboys have wanted to re-sign Dak Prescott all along and could us the franchise tag at a cost of $37.7 million. “Dak is our quarterback and we’re so fired up about him and him leading us in the future,” Jones said.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

No brainer............but they announce it to the world like that?