Stephen: No QB even with top 5 pick

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I keep telling you guys and you just won't believe me.

No joke. Even if we had the first overall pick we wouldn't take a QB. We'd trade the pick.

So don't waste your time worrying about losing enough games to get into position for one of the QBs. Those morons in the front office aren't interested.

You have one hope if you want to test negative for Prescott. That they just aren't able to sign him.

LOL.............now you are finally getting it.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think this is the right thing to say if your trying to get a deal done. If Dak doesn't lower his expectations they could always move on and draft a QB. If Lawrence or Fields is available I think Dallas has to think about drafting one of them. I always hate the idea of trading down when your in the top 5.
I would rather take an impact player than get two regular starters.

reddyuta

Reaction score
not unexpected at all.the only thing that will change their mind if Dak still wants crazy money and they finally had enough.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
"Monster Hand" ........good flick.
I've heard it was.
I've just spent too many hundreds of hours at the tables in Vegas over the years to have not heard that phrase.

I should maybe make that a movie the wifey and I watch this weekend!

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
The check has been written and will be cashed.. find something else to focus on Dak haters.

bewp7

Reaction score
ok but still hope for a top 2 pick to trade down to rebuilt the defense and ol!!!!!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
ok but still hope for a top 2 pick to trade down to rebuilt the defense and ol!!!!!
If they can make the right picks and not the Tacos and Jaylons they are so predilected to make.

jnday

Reaction score
Either way, overpaying Dak or letting him walk will not bring a Super Bowl to Dallas. Overpaying Dak will ruin the salary cap and there will not be enough money to overhaul the team. If they let him walk, it would still take several years to acquire the talent needed to be a serious contender. More and more players are injury prone and nearing the end of their careers. To top it off, MM and his staff have shown nothing that indicates they are capable of building a top team. Stephen and Jerry will always be involved, so it really is a waste of time speculating about the direction that they will take. The team is totally screwed.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
As it stands, the Cowboys are in position to have a top-five pick in the draft next spring, but quarterback will not be among the team’s priorities, according to Stephen Jones. The Cowboys have wanted to re-sign Dak Prescott all along and could us the franchise tag at a cost of $37.7 million. “Dak is our quarterback and we’re so fired up about him and him leading us in the future,” Jones said.

i
Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

:lmao: :laugh: :lmao2:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
UM all of you all are out of control calm the flip down

does it matter if we have the 2-3 pick and a team really wants player they are going to have to pay kings ransom to get it..who cares if they Dak their guy and they arent taking a qb..its just media puffing...we have all the leverage regardless

more of appeasing poor old dak on IR and helping a smoother team friendly contract negotiations..

no one really knows what Jones's and MM are thinking.. they really truly arent going to think that far ahead, first finish season, then its FA time, then draft

so much happens between now and then including Daks contract talks which saying you are even thinking of replacing him hurts feelings and can hurt negotiations..

chill RELAX
Oh I'm relaxed.

I don't think this group of idiots running this team do anything but gamble their assets away.

They completely had an offense built to just run through the league and end their losing streak..

only to change coaches for a coach who is not what he thought he was..

not give their best player Dak a contract..

and try instead to sign a bunch of bargain players to replace losing quality players like Jones and Quinn.

then not fix their safety issues that have haunted the team for the last 4 years+..

then cut all the players as FAs they sign in 2020 less Aldon Smith.

All by the 8th game of the year.

You can't make this stuff up.

Only in Dallas where football is not a sport but a mini-series drama that rivals Days of Our Lives for longevity.

I am relaxed.

I am used to it after 25+ years of Jones.

That's a huge huge problem.