Twitter: Stephen on 105.3 - "Very Confident" in McCarthy

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ShortRound, Jan 17, 2022.

1. RomoplusDezEquals7

RomoplusDezEquals7 Well-Known Member

247 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    Dak says fans should throw bottles at refs and Tad is retweeting negative things about the head coach of the team. He really has those leadership intangibles doesn’t he!

75boyz and MountaineerCowboy like this.
  2. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

6,071 Messages
    3,701 Likes Received
    jerry is 79.

time is short.

3. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

51,296 Messages
    77,188 Likes Received
    Why do people want McCarthy calling the offense?

He wasn't some sort of genius calling plays before.

DuncanIso likes this.
  4. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

10,920 Messages
    9,837 Likes Received
    If MM is here (which i don't want) and Kellen goes(which i do want)- we need MM calling the plays. He can have an OC but HE needs to be calling the plays. I want more of the west coast flavor to what we do and he needs to earn his stripes.

5. The Ominous

The Ominous Dead Man Stalkin

2,189 Messages
    2,970 Likes Received
    Meatball Mike should be working at Olive Garden right now, but sadly he's going to get another year. This exact time in 2023 were going to have a new coach for sure.

6. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

10,920 Messages
    9,837 Likes Received
    It isn't my preference but if he is still HC here and Kellen leaves...i am ready to see him give it a whirl.

7. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

22,636 Messages
    32,178 Likes Received
    I don’t know what he is as a play caller but he’s done it his whole career at least until now. It was weird that he didn’t do it here. I would prefer a new OC all together like a Shanny etc type

8. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

15,322 Messages
    19,495 Likes Received
    McCarthy has 11 months left.

Next year when they try to feature Zeke against a 1st place schedule....and they aren't sweeping the division again....throw in the fact that out QB is, well we know.

Big Mike is gonzo after next regular season.

9. TheMarathonContinues

TheMarathonContinues Well-Known Member

54,385 Messages
    48,370 Likes Received
    I have no issue firing him but I mean he probably shouldn’t be factoring in he won 12 games under Jerry Jones….

10. pansophy

pansophy Well-Known Member

3,191 Messages
    3,189 Likes Received
    Penalties are usually about being outmatched physically. See Connor Williams. I don't see our penalties as an indictment of our coaches as much as an indictment of Jerry overestimating the talent on this roster.

Too many shiny objects -- too many holes in between.

11. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

11,716 Messages
    5,841 Likes Received
    I can't help myself! I must do it!

12. LucaBrasi

LucaBrasi Sleeps with the fishes

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    5,344 Messages
    6,754 Likes Received
  13. McKDaddy

McKDaddy Well-Known Member

4,892 Messages
    4,593 Likes Received
    I'm not generally in favor of overreacting to a small sample size ..... but the concerns that started in the preseason were never addressed. I don't know how you go into another season when he seemed completely unable to correct any of those.

14. Playmaker3128

Playmaker3128 Well-Known Member

3,303 Messages
    4,127 Likes Received
    We could go 15-2 and get the 1 seed in the playoffs is anyone confident we’d win that game? I know I wouldn’t be

15. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

23,759 Messages
    25,799 Likes Received
    It’s the “getting lucky” part I have an issue with …..dummy

do you think Brady or Rodgers goes into a game hoping they will get lucky? No, the go in prepared expecting to win

Only idiots say “let’s get into the playoffs then we might get lucky”…….. dummy

like I said, it is difficult to overstate the ignorance in that statement

75boyz likes this.
  16. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

13,350 Messages
    10,037 Likes Received
    Idiot. They get lucky in fact Brady was lucky last season with his 3 picks vs Green Bay, and Rodgers was lucky as he hasn't played well in Nfc games read and learn dummy

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robrei...s-finally-end-his-nfc-championship-game-woes/

17. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

23,759 Messages
    25,799 Likes Received
  18. Direwolf63

Direwolf63 RXP

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    16,821 Messages
    25,873 Likes Received
    I've been saying it since yesterday: it doesn't matter if McCarthy stays or goes. The rot is higher up the ladder. And they aren't going anywhere

Hagman likes this.
  19. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

13,350 Messages
    10,037 Likes Received
    Being dumb isn't a good look. You should take care of it.

20. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

6,006 Messages
    8,105 Likes Received
    That's what I was thinking last night. I don't know how good this is for my mental health. It's like emotional self mutilation watching this crap. I'm jo smo fan but according to the eye test the Cowboys weren't ready to play and the 9ers were. Dallas had 6 pre-snap penalties and at least 2 or 3 impulsive penalties (Gregory tackles the offensive lineman) and no accountability for that undisciplined play.

Then you got the QB and the RB who arguably played the worst of the bunch and hasn't played well against winning teams are soaking up the salary cap so we can't add quality players.

Yep no problems here, we're fine. We like our guys and it's a process and we belong in the playoffs. Yeah we belong in the playoffs for 60 minutes every 3 or 4 years. But we're good, we're good, we have full confidence in what we're doing.

We are going to suck donkey balls until Dak and Zeke are gone. So 3 more years. This year was the best we'll get. When Dak's contract kicks into gear then the "talent" on this team will erode and we'll be a 5 win team.

As poorly as Dak has played since the bye just imagine no Gallup, Wilson, Pollard, Schultz, Cooper. It's going to be Dak, Zeke and Lamb. Dak can't read defenses, Zeke can't run and Lamb is flakey. And I'm not even going to talk about what's going to happen on defense. We'll lose Diggs cuz Dak's contract will give us no flexibility under the cap.

Ok rant over, but yeah I may tune out or de-prioritize Cowboys and the NFL for a couple years. Again it's emotional self mutilation

Hawkeye19 likes this.