Twitter: Stephen on Garrett: I don't necessarily think the answer is always change

Proof

Reaction score
I hate perspectives like this. Who has said change is “always the answer”?

Garrett is one of the longest tenured coaches! We’re not looking for a revolving door, we’re tired of this clowns extended run

mmohican29

Reaction score
I'd be willing to commit to our next coach via a lifetime contract so long as it's not Garrett.

We wont win a SB with him, so at least it's somebody different. I'll probably live 30 more years, anything can happen right?

mmohican29

Reaction score
But that’s still at least 10-20 years away. Jerry’s only 76.

So far , all Stephen has shown me is he’s just a cheaper version.

Agreed. Stephen is dumb as a stone with a bigger ego than his Father's.

Ain't **** gonna change.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I'd be willing to commit to our next coach via a lifetime contract so long as it's not Garrett.

We wont win a SB with him, so at least it's somebody different. I'll probably live 30 more years, anything can happen right?
Garrett already has a lifetime contract

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
To me there are several distinct possibilities.

One is Garrett is better than this fanbase thinks. I doubt there are any former players, coaches, management, or any employee of a professional team posting on this site. So we must consider that we just aren't educated enough to know what Garrett brings to the table. Especially since we see him three hours a week, sixteen weeks out of the year as he performs his duties as head coach.

The second idea is this. Jerry and Stephan have a grip on reality and understand they have never actually performed their job well enough to compose a team that can win it all after Jimmy Johnson left. So they see Garret can lead the team to a championship if they ever figure out how to assemble a team that has enough quality to get there.

Then there is the notion Jerry and Stephen are such control freaks guided by immense egos they cannot fathom hiring a coach with enough balls to tell them they are full of horse nuggets, and to run a successful championship team you have to do it a totally different way from drafting through coaching, while holding the players accountable and not in an environment that is like 53 Bedouin shieks in a tent filled with harem girls and anything goes. (run on sentences are your friend.)

How is the Irving debacle not an indictment of this whole franchise, as he flounders around, wasting immense talent, while the Three Stooges - Jerry, Curly, and Jas stumble through their jobs like homeless drunks that found the lost Maker's Mark truck and are not telling anyone?

Batman1980

Reaction score
They are from Arkansas............... :rolleyes:

DefensiveImpressionableImpala-size_restricted.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This cycles around every time the Cowboys are struggling but when we’re doing better everyone wants to forget our core issues. And where fans are as much to blame as our leadership.

After 2016 they were applauding Jerry and Stephen. But those decisions made which brought some immediate or short lived success has cast a spell on this team which will be difficult to overcome.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Ok I'm hoping for tanking
This is the only thing that will work. The Joneses and Garrett look for doing just enough to justify keeping this thing together. It seems like that's the goal every year to do just enough to justify bringing Garrett back.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
This is the only thing that will work. The Joneses and Garrett look for doing just enough to justify keeping this thing together. It seems like that's the goal every year to do just enough to justify bringing Garrett back.
That's what it is every year. For the first time though the media is starting to get on Garrett. That's why the Jones boys are bearing down.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

All that is right there is fear talking. They are just super scared to make any kind of move. They are so comfortable with Garrett the puppet. Its like my parents. They are stuck in their ways. New technology, making changes they are just afraid to do it.

Its sad because in a way Stephen appears to be just as handicapped as Jerry. There is no hope if that is the case.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Apparently spending money to upgrade the roster isn’t the answer either

Batman1980

Reaction score
All that is right there is fear talking. They are just super scared to make any kind of move. They are so comfortable with Garrett the puppet. Its like my parents. They are stuck in their ways. New technology, making changes they are just afraid to do it.

Its sad because in a way Stephen appears to be just as handicapped as Jerry. There is no hope if that is the case.

71glC5fK1HL._SX700_.jpg
71glC5fK1HL._SX700_.jpg