Twitter: Stephen on Garrett: I don't necessarily think the answer is always change

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Like no one in our division has ever snuck into the playoffs and won a Superbowl. We take bandwagoners if that does happen an you welcomed aboard.....
Like JG and our 1 TD a game offense could ever do that.

The Natural

Reaction score
The rules apply to everybody except for Garrett.

We cut Dez because its a "producted bases business". Yet kept this stooge who has been the very definition of mediocre going on a decade. We've turned over damn near every position group since he's been running the show, but now change isnt always good.

Aven8

Reaction score
No, new staffs come in and evaluate the talent and coach it up and add a few pieces here and there Stephen. Which you should be doing every year. They don't come in and change all the personnel unless you have none.

We actually do have talent, but they are not being coached. That's the problem Stephen.

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The rules apply to everybody except for Garrett.

We cut Dez because its a "producted bases business". Yet kept this stooge who has been the very definition of mediocre going on a decade. We've turned over damn near every position group since he's been running the show, but now change isnt always good.
Change only applies to the players I guess.

cowboyec

Reaction score
between father and son...it sure don't sound like they are in a hurry to make any change at H.C. or QB....hell,I bet Linehan is back next season.

waving monkey

Reaction score
HOLY MOTHER of xxxx......I am in the TWILIGHT ZONE, this can not be happening, can it?..after a LOST 20 years, we NEED to start over!.....I knew the Jones' had no respect for the DC fans....but I didn;t know they had CONTEMPT for us.

NO ONE at this point can convince me there is not collusion, extortion or some other malfeasance in Frisco...GOODELL has ot be involved, because this is turning out like WWE, just absurdity
:facepalm:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
You overreacting ninnies. This isn't a vote of confidence, it is a clear indication to anyone interested in the job that we like the players we have and aren't interested in a wholesale system change that doesn't match the talent.

Y'all need to stop listening to Sturm. Now that he works for a subscription news source, he gotta go all controversial to get reads.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You know, this is frustrating if you allow yourself to believe that Jerry or Stephen are considering change. I know, I did it for years. Eventually, I realized that this was never what they were thinking. They believe they are close. They have said this over and over again. They believe that they are in a situation where all they have to do is be patient and allow Dak to develop.

To hire a new HC would mean that they are wrong and that they have been for years. Do you guys really buy into the idea that either of those guys ever sees themselves as wrong?

Asklesko

Reaction score
This tells me that the coaches, probably from Garrett on down, have no say over player selection. These are Jerry's players and Jerry's alone.

The Natural

Reaction score
You overreacting ninnies. This isn't a vote of confidence, it is a clear indication to anyone interested in the job that we like the players we have and aren't interested in a wholesale system change that doesn't match the talent.

Y'all need to stop listening to Sturm. Now that he works for a subscription news source, he gotta go all controversial to get reads.
Not like the head coach would be empowered to do what he wanted to do with this roster anyway.

birdwells1

Reaction score
That's what it is every year. For the first time though the media is starting to get on Garrett. That's why the Jones boys are bearing down.

Yeah it seems like the Dallas media is afraid to ask the Joneses tough questions. Hopefully the gloves are off and questions will be asked

doomsday808

Reaction score
giphy.gif

TooTall_Jones

Reaction score
I am so infuriated by the Jones delusional self-centered contempt for the fan base that were faithfully and foolishly waiting for 20 years and brought them $millions...

I want 2-14 this year, 0-16 next year...0-16 the next, I want the Jones idiots to FEEL our pain in their bank accounts.....

It has come to this....never thought I’d be this disheartened

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He's not going to come out and say this team needs to change. He could have just just sidestepped and just acknowledged the team is struggling and given the usual, one game at a time etc. coach speak. He has to know how the fans are feeling and responses like his just rile up an already angry fanbase.
Saying one game at a time is the same as saying win or your fired.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
This is seriously concerning. Let's be honest, as long as the Cowboys are "relevant" and Jerry and Co. are making money, winning doesn't matter.

I used to think Jerry would do whatever it took to win, but that's turned out not to be the case. He cares about winning, only if it's done HIS WAY with his narrow-minded thinking. Screw you, Jerry.